Nightmare

"GET UP'', someone said this as they slammed a meter ruler on the desk. Instantaneously I woke up, frantically looking around, realizing that I was at school. It was not my school, mine was modern, it had whiteboards and projects attached to the roof. This look like something from the 1950s, a large blackboard situated itself in the front of the class where it was covered in chalk dust. The wall stood bare with no decoration and every desk was made for two people except for mine. Resting in front of the blackboard was a giant wooden desk   

          Someone sat on that desk. She peered at me with large owl-like eyes that bulged from her face. She wore thick round glasses that made her seem more like a bird of prey. Her broad eyebrows furrowed as she said: "I told you not to sleep during an exam, next time I will give you an F". Her face relaxed, stepping down from her desk she walked around and took a seat. She was a teacher.

          Wait an exam? Looking down, a thick stack of paper greeted me. When did this get here? How did I sleep on this? questions flooded my mind but I was quickly distracted. Something was on my leg and it was crawling up. Panic filled me like a river. I looked down in a hurry, finding a large hairy centipede staring directly at me.

          Leaping in the air, I hopped up from my chair. Shaking my leg like a madman, I furiously moved it back and forth but the creature still clung to my leg. I felt my throat throb from overuse. had I been screaming the whole time? I briefly thought about calming myself down but the idea quickly left my mind, it would be pointless. Only a lunatic would try. Then I did the unspeakable, I took my hand and peeled the centipede back. whipping it out of my hand, it crashed into a window shattering it into a thousand little pieces. The sound rang through causing the walls to vibrate. My heartbeat which was racing before had slowed and my breathing I now noticed lessened, I calmed down and realize that it was gone. Sitting back down I heard a groan from the walls. The walls started to vibrate again but instead of a window, it came from inside the walls. I got up and press my ears against them. As  I listened I heard something strange, the sound of 100 little feet.

          The wall broke open releasing a torrent of insects. I screamed. Terror, something I never felt before took over me and automatically I jumped through the broken window.  

            Landing on the glass covered grass I stumbled. I lost my balance but only for a moment before I started to pick up speed again, running as far away as possible. I sprinted on to the streets leaving the school far in the distance and pass the horizon. I arrived in town and found an eerie quietness. As I stood in the middle of the streets, weak-legged, I heard no car pass or a hork of a horn. There was no smell of freshly baked bread or hot food from the restaurants. No birds chriping, no dog barking or leaves russling. There was nothing not a sound. I stood in a place deviod of sound, slience.  

          A rumble broke the quiet. The ground started to shake and my palms started to produce sweat as salty as the sea. I looked towards the direction of the school and saw my worst fear. They were comming. I didn't have a good look at them before but now i did. Millions of insects with beady little eyes and small legs were crawling towards me, so  much more than can fit in a school. they were a wave, tumbling over each other, racing fighting to come to me.

          I became petrified, i counldn't move a step foward. For the first time i felt what had become of my feet. Adrenaline had engulfed me but now if faded. My feet had been encrusted with glass. The glass became apart of my foot and it produced a spring of fresh blood. I fell to my knees, crying. This was the end, the wave of insects reached the shore. 

          They ate me alive, tearing the skin and muscles from my bones.they pulled the hair from the follicals i opened my mouth to scream but no sound care out. they swarm into my mouth forcing their way down my throat so i could not breathe. I tried to close my eyes to stop them from entering but it didnt work. they dug into my eyelids. Crawling over my eyes and burrowing deep within my eye sockets. I was in agony. What did i do to deserve this, i was always a good person or at least I tried to be. This was a complete nightmare and all i needed to....

           "GET UP", I woke up in astart and realize i was in a class room. A women with large eyes stood in front of me and said " I will fail you the next time you fall asleep". What was i doing here, I was pretty sure it was summer vacation and I did well enough not to be here. Mabey it was because of all thoes pranks I pulled on the principal. I looked around and saw that I was not in my school but somewhere else ,somewhere older. It looked like it was straight out of that old movie, grease. What was I doing here but instead of a response I felt something crawling up my leg. I jumped up from my seat and peeled it off and threw it at a window. It broke it with a loud bang that sang throughout the room. The bang slowly quieted down but when it stopped it was replaced by a new sound. A weird sound coming from inside the walls. The walls broke open and let loose a tsunami of bugs. I screamed          

                                                                                                                -Lunatic