End of My Old Life

Waking up to the crack of sunlight peering threw my curtains, I sigh. Today was the day everything would change. Today is the day that I would be changing my whole life around. Today is the day I leave the place I call home to go to Australia. I’ve been to Australia many times before to see family and friends, and I loved it. But now that I’m moving there, it doesn’t feel right. The thought of never seeing my best friends, physically ever again, honestly breaks my heart. I don’t know what is going to happen today, but I do know there will be a lot of tears.

I hear my mum call to wake me up, so I crawl out of bed and head towards the bathroom. My face looks awful, tears stain my face from the night before and my eyes have sleep in them. I grab a towel from under neath the sink and run warm water onto it. The towel feels nice on my face, the damp feel. Mmm. Soothing.

Once I’ve had a quick shower I start picking my outfit for the last day of school. After a good five minutes, I finally decide on a pair of black jeans, paired with a black tank top, a black leather jacket, a red beanie, a pair of black combat boots and a red flannel wrapped around my waist. I grab my bag and stuff my phone, wallet and student card. Before I leave to have breakfast, I take one last look in the mirror and realise I forgot to put on my necklace.

The necklace is a double arrow necklace that formed into an ‘x’ shape, which was given to me by my best friend Dana. She gave it to me right before the episode where Allison died in Teen Wolf. When I found out I was moving, I always wore the necklace to show her I loved it and to show Allison was always in my heart… is that weird?

Anyways, once I put my necklace on I headed to the kitchen to eat some blueberry pancakes. Mmm, I could smell the sweet goodness of the pancakes from the top of the stairs.

“Morning Sage” My dad said as I grabbed my plate of blueberry pancakes.

“Morning Dad. Can you pass the wiped cream please?” I asked extending my hand to reach for the cream. As he passed me the wiped cream, my sister came down looking very fresh and energised.

“Good Morning dear family. How are you all on this fine morning?” She asked unusually happy.

“Why are you so happy today?” I asked a bit annoyed at how perky she was.

“Well, since were leaving for Australia tomorrow and my friends and I are all going to different universities, I decided to go to school and say bye. And if I’m going to do so, I’m not going to be miserable and sad about it, like you.” She explained.

Once she said that I just got up and left for school. Even though she has graduated, she doesn’t have the right to speak of such a sensitive subject, sometimes I think she really does hate me.

~ AT SCHOOL ~

Walking into Bont Fare High school for the last time nearly made me cry. Seeing everyones faces because it was the last day of school. I was far from happy.

“Sage!” I heard a familiar voice calling me.

“Saaage!” This time my name was called from a more deeper voice, but also familiar.

I turn around to see my two best friends running towards me. Dana and Aiden. Dana and Aiden have been my friends since second grade. We have always been best friends, and when I told them I was leaving… it was one of the hardest days of my life. Dana cried for ages and Aiden wouldn’t even look at me. 

“I can’t believe today is your last day.” Dana said grabbing my hands.

“I know. To be honest, I feel like i’m not actually leaving and this is one big joke.” I said trying to lighten the mood.