H.O.P.E

A NEWBIE.

FIRST TIME TO WRITE A SHORT STORY.

19

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staring at my window every night before I sleep and the moment I wake up each day hoping that someday everything will be back to normal. I Keep on reminiscing the past, all the good memories keeps on flashing in my mind.

My childhood years isn't as exciting as the ordinary child's lives yet I can say that I totally enjoyed it even if my weekdays' daily route is school-house-school-house. I'm always inside our house and can't go out without any valid reasons. I only played with my Barbie dolls, read books, watch movies and talk with my nanny or with my elder twin brothers. My father is an Engineer and my mom is a head of their office; a Gov't employee, so they had a very hectic schedule due to their works. But... They still make sure that every week we'll have a family bonding so each week ends we go to different places just to unwind. Fantastic right?

But life wouldn't so called life if there's no challenges.. The very first challenged that our almighty creator gave us was when we lost our father. He died during my 6th grade in my elementary level due to heart attack.There's no such pain would ever exceed than the pain I encountered, you're there, staring at your father's last breathe and just a glimpse of your eyes no more pulse, sounds and just tears falls. I look at my mom, her happy face turns so sad. Crying without sounds and suddenly she passed out due to sadness. Its been years since we accept the fact that my father is no more our personal knight but an angel who's within ourselves. I finished my high school level with my mom's support ofcourse. We continued the same life we used to have but only the four of us, my mom, twin brothers and I without our personal driver, guard, financer, a husband and father to us. My mom tried to be the coolest, perfect, and strongest mother-father to us. She worked so hard just to give us everything we need. And my twin brothers already have their own family and raised them by their own. My mom with my twin brothers' family is now at LMN CITY where they've their own business and works, while my mom stays at our home.

Since then, I realized that I'm no more a kid, I can now handle myself and won't give my mom a problem. I'm now in my third year in my college level, taking up AB-English in a well-known and well respected private school in our city. My three years college life isn't easy, a lot of challenges came on my way especially my mom is experiencing poor health. Life keeps on punching me well yet all I can do is to face them with a smile. I met a lot of different people and experienced a lot of things by myself. I visited different places with my friends and keep on believing that every day is a new day.. We made a very strong friendship, we may encounters quarrels and misunderstandings but at the end of the day we still can't resist to see each other. We shared each blessings that God gave us and help each other to unlock each other from the bandage of ignorance.

MARCH 25, 2014.. A flight to the unexpected future......

It was the end of second semester when I went to my mom's place for a vacation. Her very poor health melts my heart. Another painful moment of my life. The woman I used to see having a very elegant look, make ups, fashionista, a strong career woman turns so weak, keep on laying in her bed, sleeping and can't able to walk without her cane. It's so difficult for me to see my mom lacking intensity so I told them that I need to finish schooling and go back to Rhum City just to escape from seeing her that way everyday, yet they didn't allow me. They want me to quit schooling and stay beside her, as the youngest among them I can't do anything but to agree with their decision. Its been weeks and a month since I came here, I have nothing to do but watch, surf, sleep, etc. Enrollment is fast approaching yet I really don't have any idea on how to return and bring everything back. But still, I believe that God is good and he gives the hardest battle to his strongest soldier. Everything has reasons.. So I won't loose even a single HOPE, just HOLD ON PAIN ENDS. ☝🙏😊

THANK YOU