-00-

Author's note:
Since this is my first story here, let's make it a BMC reader insert for our beloved Michael.
This 00. Chapter is literally just to introduce you to the story.
I am very sorry if it's confusing.
Please let me know if it's worth continuing!
_________________________

You were, to say at least, a troublesome child. You weren't afraid to land a punch and this 'bravery' brought you where you are now. At an airport, waiting for your mother's best friend to pick you up. You had to cringe at the idea to spend your whole high school life away from home - but hey, they literally refused to accept you anywhere after 'The incident'. On the other hand, you thought, nearly no one knew about your soft side that you buried deep beneath the 'Tough girl' facade.

You felt awkwardly Familiar with this situation - from fanfictions. It was sunny outside. A nice Friday afternoon you thought as you were waiting - sitting on a metal bench just outside the airport building, you scrolled through Tumblr. You absolutely loved memes and used every opportunity to embarrass people around you. You snickered to yourself when you found a video of Hamilton animatic.

A shadow hovered over you. Quietly, you looked up to see a friendly looking woman. She smiled at you and you stood up.
"Oh, hey, good timing. I was running out of good stuff," you greeted with a hand outstretched. You aren't a total jerk, mind you.
The woman shook your hand and wholeheartedly pulled you to her chest to give you a welcoming hug. "It's so nice to see you! I bet you don't remember me, but I used to visit a lot, (Y/n). Before I moved here, that is." She was very cheerful, you noted and nodded once she pulled away to look at you.
Of course, you did the same. You looked at her nice caramel-like skin and long, dark brown hair. She had warm smile and chocolate eyes that sparkled with excitement.
"I bet you can't wait to unpack, right? And probably get a shower. Lets get going....Also! You can call me Auntie like you used to when you were little," she announced and grabbed your huge luggage before you could. She dragged you to a PT cruiser and you just followed, sitting in a passenger's seat.

If you thought the ride would be quiet, you were dead wrong. You couldn't even use your headphones. But at least you could get prepared for what might be waiting at your 'new home'. Except you didn't. All you found out was stuff about school and super basic information about the house itself. Stuff you'd already heard from your mom.

Your 'auntie' pulled into a driveway of what you assumed was her house. Genius, you thought, why would she park at someone else's driveway? You mentally slapped yourself.
You got out of the car and slammed the door closed, leaning against it for a moment to take in the house. As far as you could tell, it was... Normal. Another mental slap.
You heard your aunt drag your luggage and you almost tripped over your own leg just to take the thing from her.
She started talking just after she unlocked the front door. "Anyway, sweetie, you're going to be staying in my son's room. I've told him to clean all the mess. I'm sure you two will get along just fine. Oh, and I'll make you some snack. Go unpack and take the shower," she shooed you away.

You walked up the stairs, cringing whenever your luggage nearly pulled you back down. Upstairs, it took you a millisecond to guess what room was meant for you. The door was covered in 'No entry' and a little... Was it a weed leaf sticker... Whatever... Oh, and 'Keep calm and play video games' text that you secretly loved.
You took a deep breath before opening the room. You mentally prepared yourself for a total dump. Your (e/c) eyes glanced here and there before sighing and sitting down on the bed. You had a weird feeling and you sniffled. So, drugs was it. Awesome.

After a few minutes spent looking around and adoring - or lowkey hating the collection of Bob Marley records and DVDs you decided to take the desired shower. Luckily for you, a towel (that you recognized to be a Zelda-themed) was prepared on the chair. You thanked the aunt, nonverbal thanks, and strode off to the bathroom.

You. Felt. Awesome. And clean. You unpacked all your stuff, just slightly reorganizing the son's stuff to make space for your own. Already making a mental image of said boy. It was weird that you didn't see any photo of him... Yet.

You hopped down the stairs with a hum and about to thank the Aunt, for real, turning in the kitchen and letting out small screech when you saw your aunt turn at you with a grin, holding a knife covered in whatever sauce it was - why was she using a knife on a sauce?
"Sweetie, finally, I prepared some quick pancakes," she beamed at you. Now, that kinda explained the knife and sauce - a jam.
You sat down on the nearby chair and sheepishly thanked for when aunt placed a plate full of pancakes in front of you.
"I- ah... Thanks. The house looks good. Yes. And... Um, your son isn't here?" you fumbled with your words.
The woman gave a small laugh, waving her hand in an uncertain gesture. "Relax. He's probably in the basement with his best friend. You can go see him later, " she gave you a wink. You nodded and ate your pancakes.

So far so good, you thought to yourself. You helped your aunt with dishes, thanking once again for the delicious pancakes. She only smiled and slightly pushed you out of the kitchen. You gave a weak 'humph' sound and continued walking. You pulled a phone out of your pocket and stared at the screen when you made your way in the direction of the earlier mentioned basement.

You stopped just before the door, looking over your shoulder to make sure you went the right way. You locked your phone and reached for the handle. You definitely didn't expect the door to open on its own.