Silence/Shen Qing Mi Ma

Qi Wei Yi is a guy who has everything in this world.  The story begins from the year that he is 12 years old.  Because he was the champion from a swimming competition, it brought about someone’s jealously and Wei Yi’s foot was broken due to this.  He was hospitalized in a small hospital in a village where he first met Shen Shen.  Shen Shen’s neighbor, Zuo Jun, dragged her along to skip classes and while they were roaming about, they got into a car accident.  Unfortunately, this car accident caused Shen Shen to lose her ability to speak.  Tragically, Shen Shen’s mother also died from a car crash at this time.  Zuo Jun was feeling extremely guilty and swore that he will take care of Shen Shen for the rest of her life.

However this accident allowed Wei Yi and Shen Shen to meet.  A secret place that belongs to the two of them.  Henceforth, these two people’s destiny is changed.  A pure love develops between the 12 year old Shen Shen and Wei Yi.  The two of them made a promise to go and take a look at the secret future on the Christmas day when they are both 25 years old (the year 2006).  Shen Shen has tried to call Wei Yi before yet she couldn’t utter any sounds.  After a serious of misunderstandings, Shen Shen, who is living with the Zuo family, moves to a small town with Uncle Zuo due to his transfer to another job.  From then on, Shen Shen and Wei Yi lose contact all together.  When they are both 25 years old, a new development begins with these two people’s story… 

Qi Wei Yi (Vic Chou), an ambitious but lonely businessman whose only moment of happiness took place 13 years ago with a mute girl, "Zhao Shen Shen" Park Eun-hye. When he was 15, he won a swimming competition and broke his leg, resulting in the alias "Plastered Leg". Zhao Shen Shen ditched school one day with her next-door neighbor, Zuo Jun, and got into a bus accident. She has been mute ever since. One day, on her way to the hospital, Shen Shen's mom gets hit by a car and doesn't survive. Wei Yi and Shen Shen both feel lonely so they send and receive messages at an abandoned bomb shelter. After a while, they meet each other and start communicating. Wei Yi does not know about Shen Shen's accident which caused her to be mute; he just thinks that Shen Shen does not like to speak. After a week of happiness, Wei Yi finds out that he has to go to England to study and transfer hospitals. A doctor helps Wei Yi see Shen Shen one more time, and he hurriedly writes down his phone number for Shen Shen.

Fast forward to 2006; Wei Yi is the CEO of his father's company while Shen Shen is still mute. They meet each other again without knowing each other's identities and slowly develop a friendship between them. Throughout many difficulties Wei Yi and Shen Shen slowly realise each other's identities; however Wei Yi finds out realises that he has cancer and has three months to live.

The story starts when Wei Yi is 15 years old.

Because of an accident Wei Yi was sent to the only hospital in the village.Getting bored while recuperating, Wei Yi accidentally discovers an old air-raid shelter hospital room. Through a secret in the room heunexpectedly meets a Korean girl, Shen Shen, 2 years younger than himwho became mute from an accident. Furthermore, a simple and pure lovearoused. However, they end up losing contact with each other.

Nineyears later, Wei Yi is occupied with many business affairs. He bearshis parents' expectations of him succeeding them. He doesn't have alife full of perils, making him confident as well as dazzling. One dayWei Yi mercilessly fired a worker. To his surprise, the next day a mutegirl and a hoodlum guy came to ask for justice. Wei Yi never thoughtthat the mute girl was the Zhao Shen Shen from 9 years ago.

Becauseof Shen Shen's righteousness, this mute girl left Wei Yi a deep andfavorable impression. Because of fate, the two keep on bumping intoeach other. Even though they get mad over little things everytime, butseeing the way Shen Shen does sign language Wei Yi felt like he wasbrimming with magnificent vitality. Argue for the sake of arguing with Wei Yi has become apart of Shen Shen's silent life.

At this time, a"misfortune" suddenly befalled him. His doctor verified that he hadliver cancer and only had 1 more year to live. All of a sudden Wei Yirecalled a promise. The time capsule he and Shen Shen buried 9 yearsago that said childhood memories would unlock 10 years later...

WeiYi dismisses his engagement with his fiancee and goes to the place the2 agreed to meet at. As death drew near, fate arranges for Wei Yi andZhao Shen Shen to meet again! Zhao Shen Shen was actually that mutegirl.

With his life about to end, Wei Yi decides to hide hisidentity and slowly changes because of Shen Shen, living the last 365days of his life nicely. But Wei Yi's father Zhen Yang is furious thathis son has changed because of an out-of-the-blue mute girl and decidesto resolve this impediment personally. To protect Shen Shen, Wei Yi agrees to return to Taiwan to get treated. The day Wei Yi leaves DalianShen Shen accidentally finds out that Wei Yi was her love many yearsago. She also find out that Wei Yi only had 1 more year to live! Thelove deeply supressed within her heart was completely dispersed at thismoment. Shen Shen chases after Wei Yi's car, crying all the way andtrying to call out to Wei Yi...Shen Shen's voice is finally back after 9 years!....