Dating A Fangirl

"Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable." -Rosemarie Urquico

--

Five months and ten days.

That's how long Nikka and I have been together. Right now, sitting on a bench in a mall, I'm waiting for her to arrive.

Anyway, today we agreed to wear our CHB shirts (which kind of became our couple shirt).

Minutes later she arrived wearing her orange camp shirt, and denim shorts.

"Hey," I said, giving her a peck on her cheeck and embracing her.

"So, what're we gonna do today?" She asked.

"I have two tickets for any movie. Let's go get a drink and some popcorn."

She grabbed both my shoulders and looked at me dead in the eyes. "I want my soda blue," she said with a serious face. I pinched her nose.

"Of course,"

When we were waiting in line to pay for our popcorn and drinks, there was a kid somewhere who shouted, "Mom, look it's Percy and Annabeth! Mom, lemme go!"

He ran up to us with wild and curious eyes.

"Are you really, uhm..." he looked down as if he was shy. I didn't know what to do so I looked at Nikka and I could almost see the gears turning in her brain. Then she smiled at the kid.

"Hey, kid. I'm Annabeth," she held out her hand. The kid was just staring at it. Okay, she wants us to cosplay. Again.

"I'd take that hand if I were you kid." He yelped and took Nikka's hand. I felt guilty about scaring him so I offered him our extra coke and told him it was blue. The kid grabbed it excitedly.

"So, you're really Percabeth? Are you here for a quest? Can you take me to Camp? When are you-"

"Woah, kid. Chill," We all chuckled. "What's your name?" I asked him. He opened his mouth to answer but a lady came calling.

"Malcolm! Get your silly but back here!" She said. Maybe she was his mom.

"Ooh, I have a brother named Malcolm." Nikka said.

The lady who shouted approached and Malcolm hid behind Nikka. He asked his mom if he could have a picture with us. His mom smiled and got her camera ready.

We smiled big, holding our sodas. I ruffled Malcom's hair. Then he and his mother walked away. Malcolm's mom looked back at us and her smile was like telling us you're-the-best-teen-agers-ever. We waved back

"That was fun," Nikka exhaled.

"Yeah. We should cosplay often. Hey, you think we can do Harry and Ginny/Luna next time?"

"Yeah! Let's do that. And we can ask Patricia and her boyfriend whatshisname--"

"Mikhail."

"Right. We can ask to be the dementors or something something other. And we can act like we're on a quest or something."

"Awesome." I held her hand and went in the cinema.

Even before the movie starts the popcorn was almost empty. I just stared at her, eagerly waiting for the movie to start. Gods, this girl made me do things I didn't like in the first place.

She looked at me, smiling. "Watcha lookin' at?"

I grabbed a handful of popcorn and swallowed all of it at once. "Me? Nothing..." I turned my head to look at the big screen for the trailers were already showing. I heard her faint laugh and in my peripheral vision, I saw her slightly shaking her head.