A Desired Love

I sat at the dinner table with my family as they played the nightly news in the room adjacent to the kitchen. There had been seven abductions of teenage girls in my area, and my family was overreacting thinking if I wasn’t overly cautious I would be next. I brushed it off, knowing I could hold my own if trouble came my way.

            I looked at the time and realized it was half past five. My friends and I were going to the carnival down at the raceway. The abductions didn’t start until the carnival moved into town, so I was extremely surprised my parents and older sister were still letting me go.

            I stood up, “May I be excused? I need to go get ready.” My dad nodded.

            My mom chimed in before I could go get ready, “I know it’s hot outside but try not to wear anything to revealing please.” I smiled, “Yes momma.”

            I walked back to my bedroom and pulled out my favorite casual dress. It was strapless, sky blue, with lots of flowers and stopped right above my knees. Pretty, and complimented my body, but not to revealing. I curled my hair into long luscious brown curls that stopped at the bottom of my shoulder blades. I was done getting ready six, just in time, that’s when my friends pulled in.

            I walked into the living room to give my parents hugs and kisses “I love you guys, I’ll be home by midnight.” I said with a smile as I walked out the door and walked to my friends SUV, enough to fit all five of us.

            Charlie was driving, his girlfriend Sydney in the front. My friends Tyler, James and I were in the back. Two girls and three guys, it was going to be a long night.

            The drive from my house to the raceway was about thirty minutes; we passed time by talking about what happened at school the day before. Of course it came to the nonstop talk about the girls being abducted. Tyler looked at me and smiled, “You better be careful Anna, you wouldn’t want to run into that creep looking like that tonight.” I punched him in the thigh.

            We finally got to the carnival around six thirty. It was thrilling looking at all the lights, rides, and games. The smell was amazing, deep fried foods, fattening desserts. I work out every day; therefore I ate everything I could.            

            Charlie and Sydney ran off together leaving me with the two bone head guys who we’re fighting about whom got their last dollar to try and win me ANOTHER teddy bear in the balloon popping game.

            I had a feeling like someone was looking at me from behind. I turned around and no one was there. I continued watching the boys argue and I gave in and intervened. I took the dollar away from them and gave them each one of my own. They smiled; both of them kissed me on the cheeks and kept at their game.

            I felt like someone was watching me again; I turned around and saw a man. He was tall and surely in his twenties, with beautiful brown eyes and brown curly hair, with a somewhat goatee. I was immediately attracted, and he caught me staring and he winked. It sent chills through my body, and I don’t know why. The boys had finally finished playing their game and came with two stuffed teddy bears for me. I gave them both kisses on their cheeks, such sweet friends to me.

             It was only nine and we had three more hours left to explore and have fun. The boys went in the tent where they had funny mirrors for a little while. I waited outside it on a bench drinking lemonade.

            I felt the bench sink in on the other side. I looked to my left and saw the beautiful man smiling at me. I felt the instant sensation of chills and felt my face burn and turn red. I smiled back at him. I wanted to say something, but I couldn’t manage a lot.