Prologue

A man comes home from a long day of work. he sits down in his chair in the living room, and turns on the TV. The first thing that pops up on TV is a historical documentary.

"Today marks the 10th anniversary of The Seperation, 10 years ago from today humans and supernatural beings were separated in the United States," a person spoke. The man, satisfied with the channel stands up and heads to the kitchen to prepare dinner.
"back in 2036 scientists were trying to find a way to get rid of genetic diseases, and unexpectedly stumble upon a gene that showed if somebody had supernatural powers," they pause to catch a breath.
"once the U.S legislation got ahold of this knowledge they wanted to possess their power it for themselves, but the supernatural refused and fought back. Thus, The Sepration occurred," they say as photos of The Separation appear on screen. The man scoffs and puts his food in the oven.
"Several lives were lost, and families ripped apart. All supernatural beings were sent to an unused island in Hawaii, where to this day they're kept at high security, due to the violent nature of most supernatural beings," The man, now furious raises his hand and blasts the TV with a orange energy orb. the oven beeps in the background as the sizzling sound of what once was a TV started to quiet down.

"We are Not violent, Lying assholes," The man grits through his teeth. he turns around and takes out the food from the oven. All was normal.

All was where they wanted it to be.

For now.