I

Skin Deep Romance Copyright © June 2019.

'Skin Deep Romance' including all chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated content is COPYRIGHTED. All rights reserved by the owner and creator of this work, Erika Cervantes (breathedy) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution, or selling of this work constitute as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of copyright is punishable by law.

Copying or stealing other's work is wrong and punishable so word of advice don't steal my work or anyone else's for that matter. Plagiarism is punishable by law and can be fined from $50,000- 250,000 and imprisoned for a year to ten years. So please don't steal my hard work!!!

Disclaimer: If you don't like fast paced, lots of action, drama, intense romance don't read. I understand there's a lot of things that happen fast so much at once but that's how the story is written. So if you don't like that please don't be rude and just don't read. Positive feedback welcomed only!

Also I do not own the pictures and or videos in the media box or the quotes posted. Credit goes to their rightful owner.

1.

"I need to lose weight Julius, now leave me alone!" I yelled.

Unlike him, I had low self-esteem and major insecurities revolving my body as I felt like I've been dealing with it practically my whole life. I loved myself and the person I've grown up to be or so I thought.

Julius and I were at the gym downtown working on my new workout routine that I personally came up with all on my own.

I heard Julius whine as he was running on the treadmill.

"Celine, can we go now already?"

I giggled not being able to contain myself while seeing Julius continue to complain.

He really wasn't much the workout type but the only reason why he even joined me to the gym in the first place was that he "so-called claimed" that I shouldn't be going all by myself.

For some odd reason, he feared that I'd get hit on by pompous, douchebag guys. Which hasn't even happened seeing that the gym we've been to I've yet only seen two maybe three douchebag guys and not once has any of them said anything to me except for the occasional stares here and there.

I was positive though he was just being a tad bit over-protective, which I guess in a way I could understand seeing we've been best friends since Jr. High. But seriously, we were in college now. Sophomores at that and living off the college's apartments a block from campus.

So he could learn by now to at least give me somewhat the benefit of the doubt.

They had a gym at the campus that I could have easily gone to but it was, unfortunately, lacking insufficient equipment that I was specifically looking to use for this new workout regime I was going to be starting on. And, I knew if you'd seen me in person you wouldn't think I looked overweight but you weren't me and you didn't see what I saw.

I swear every time I stepped on that scale I'd always somehow find a way to disappoint myself because I felt like I could never really feel satisfied in my own body. —But that was officially going to stop now. Starting right now I was going to change all that and work on myself for the better.

Just as I was ready to end my workout and call it a day I noticed this guy looking at me as his gaze stayed steady on me all the while, he benched pressed what looked like eighty pounds at the same time. His presence was definitely taking its toll on me.