Prolouge

"Come on, just go in already!" Taurus teased as Fruitcake edged closer and closer to the cliffside. Rain splattered against the rocky surface, drenching their once fluffy fur.

"You're not a scaredy cat," Pisces smirked as he rose a brow, "are you?"

"I'm not!" Fruitcake protested in a whiny voice. Pisces and Taurus just laughed at their sister's pitiful tone. Fruitcake was weak! Of course she was a scaredy cat.

Libra stared after Fruitcake as she edged closer. Even he, who had little to no knowledge of the forest, knew that the cliff was dangerous. She was going to get hurt! All because Taurus and Pisces wanted a quick laugh out of it. Libra knew; he had once been the victim of their mean games. But, now, innocent little Fruitcake was the one to suffer.

Fruitcake suddenly squealed as chips of rock fell off the cliff's edge. Libra gasped, then covered it up with a smirk as Pisces glanced disapprovingly in his direction. Libra's ears flattened in embarrassment. He had to be mean! He had to be... well... a Pisces.

A strangled scream echoed in the three brother's ears and throughout the forest as Fruitcake's paws slipped on the watery cliff. In the blink of an eye, Fruitcake had fallen off the brim of the cliff. A grim silence spread over the three, forgetting their laughter as they crept to the edge. They could see the silhouette of Fruitcake's broken body as it laid there in a pool of blood.

"Oh my god! We just killed her!" Libra squealed in fear.

"Shhh..! Shut up!" Taurus snapped, slapping Libra's muzzle with his tail.

Tears sparked Libra's eyes while Taurus and Pisces remained silent. Libra shot them in a dirty look; they just committed murder! How could they be so calm?

"We have to go," Pisces, with a firm tone, snapped at the two. Libra's tail lashed furiously as his ears flattened.

"She's bleeding! We can't leave her!" Libra protested.

"She's dead, Libra; gone. She's nothing now. Our parents don't care, and if you don't say anything, she never existed. We're basically innocent if we run; it will look like she fell off herself, anyway." Pisces's cold eyes pierced into Libra's skull. Libra felt as if he needed to stand up for himself, but under Pisces's strict eyes, he simply couldn't.

Pisces dodged past the two as he started to run into the forest at a steady speed. Taurus quickly followed, and, basically given no choice, so did Libra. They sped through the stormy forest, wet leaves threatening to slip them as they followed the illuminating light in the distance; the twolegplace. Alit day and night, they would have no trouble finding the twoleg infested place. But, would it be as easy to survive there?