Chapter 1

Light.

Darkness.

Two elements that can't live without one and other. But at the same time, they can't work together. They were opposite to each other so therefore, no one could control the two at the same time. Together, they were unstable. But destiny laugh at such idea and created something unimaginable.

A boy. But not just a simple boy. A hybrid. A human with the ability to control both light and dark. Such wonder was created. But with such great reward, came also a big curse. And that curse was loss. Loss that would affect the boy's life forever.

Control one of this elements is no easy task let alone two. But by controlling them, the boy would gain the ability to change the course of the world. But if he would change it for good or for bad, that is something that is yet to be seen.

This is the tale of this boy. A boy who finds himself in an inner battle against his own powers every day. A boy who isolated himself from society to protect everyone from the monster he has become. This his is story. The story ... of Dark/Light.

________________________________________________________________

The raven-haired female watched as the sun set below its horizon, giving the whole land one last goodbye before its final ray shone.

The time of night was arriving. The time of shadows. The time no one suspects a thing. A perfect time for something unknown to occur.

A sigh emitted from her lips as she watched from a growing shadow, behind a tree. The house that stood alone in the woods, it seemed lonely, lifeless, dull. Much like the scenery around it, unlike the usual lively aura of the forest.

She didn't do this anymore, she now fought with honor, known of this 'taking a life' nonsense that she used to abide by. It wasn't her way of living anymore. But she had to do this, it was absolutely compulsory.

After all ...

It's just business ...

She pulled her hood up, letting out yet another sigh as she creeped towards the house, the once again lonely house...

"Chief. Do I have to do this?" She asked through the communicator which was situated on her left ear. "Do it. Or else you know the consequences ... Hannah" The male spat her name out like some poison full fruit.

Grunting at the response she got, the female sneaked further towards the house before finally closing her eyes. Merging with the shadow she left it consume her before she popped up inside the house. The cold, dark and empty house...

It seemed as if the place was abandoned. But how could it? The so-called monster resided here. To her? Nothing could be a bigger monster.

Her violet eyes scanned the scene, it was obvious only one person stayed in this small house. Which made the job a whole lot easier.

Hearing the tapping of fingers on wood coming from upstairs, Hannah slowly looked. Judging from the oldness of the wood that was placed on the stairs, it was obvious if she were to use that way simply, she would cause noise. Something which was not needed for this job, at least. Not yet.

She then blended into a shadow once more, before she popped in what seemed like a... bedroom?

Unlike the rest of the abandoned house, the bedroom was much cleaner and organized. The bedroom looked like it was from a kid. There were wooden toys on the floor, a big white cat plushie next to the bed and the bed itself was filled with pillows and large blankets.

Once again, she scanned the area but this time it was different. This time, there was a figure. He sat on the edge of the bed looking at a framed picture. Hannah scanned his appearance carefully, her eyes slowly narrowing.