Chapter one, "I'll be alright soon."

Hello! I hope that you're doing well!
This is a story written by myself and my good friend and incredible writer @sassytommo928
We have been working on it since before December last year, so it's definitely been a work in progress for a while and we're both very excited to finally be sharing it with everyone! We really hope you enjoy it, and would love if you'd show your support by voting and commenting. Also, definitely go check out sassytommo928 and give her some love!

***

Part one

***

"Louis!" Harry called cheerfully from the kitchen, "Lunchtime!"

Louis groaned to himself. Breakfast was still sitting heavily in his stomach.

"M'not hungry babe!" He called back, carding his fingers through his hair as he stared at the blank page in front of him. He was trying to think of song lyrics as he was due to complete his debut solo album soon, but was lacking inspiration and struggling. He just felt so sluggish and lethargic.

"Babe?" Harry asked softly, walking into the room and startling Louis. "Are you alright? Why don't you want lunch?" He kissed the top of Louis' head gently.

"Jus' not hungry." Louis shrugged, causing Harry to frown.

"You didn't eat lunch yesterday either, Boo."

Louis sighed, "maybe I'm just stressed. I haven't come up with a single lyric! I've been working on this song for two days. . .it's hard to write without the boys. I'm not as good on my own."

"Don't say that, Love." Harry held him close, "let's get some food in your belly yeah? Then you can take a nice nap."

Louis let Harry give him a hand to his feet and lead him into the kitchen but grimaced and frowned the entire time at the thought of adding anything else to his already brimming stomach. It was weird, because usually stress just diminished his appetite. This time around he was just full. Physically, he wasn't sure if he could fit anything else in his stomach.

The kitchen appeared to have been bombed. A thin layer of flour coated every surface and there were dishes everywhere, piles among piles. Louis nose twitched cutely at the bakery aroma, making Harry grin broadly.

"Do white chocolate muffins tickle your fancy, Boo? I've been busy all morning." Harry chuckled, gesturing at the mess he'd created.

"I see that, looks like you got a lot more done than I did," Louis replied, his face downcast. He dropped heavily into a chair and leaned over his knees with a loud whine, "why can't I just write?"

"You'll get it soon, I know you will," Harry promised as he organised one of his muffins on a small plate. He put it in the microwave and watched Louis as the plate spun and the treat warmed up.

Louis sat, chin in his hands, looking dejected and worn out. Harry sighed, feeling bad for his love.

Soon the microwave beeped and Harry removed the muffin, setting it in front of Louis with a smile. "Bon apetite!" He giggled. Louis stared at the muffin for a moment, putting on the best smile he could muster up, knowing Harry had worked hard and made one of his favourites.

Louis kissed Harry's lips lightly to thank him, enjoying the airy taste of sugar. Harry must've been taste-testing.

Then, he took a small bite of the pastry.

Harry smiled at him, eating a muffin of his own. "How is it, Boo?" He asked, "good?"

Louis nodded. "Delicious." It was. Really. He just wasn't hungry, and the sweet muffin was not helping the fullness.