Chapter 1

"Sister Grace I would really appreciate if you would just let me..."

"No Amber, you haven't matured yet to teach the kids about God and know the true values of a Christian girl."

"But I promise I'll teach them right. It's always been a dream of mine to teach and certainly..."

"No and that's finally goodbye Amber."

I fine that completely unfair, on the way she treated me. I mean like honestly all I wanted to do was to teach kids. I'm only 20 years old I could do it, I swear she so closed minded sometimes.

I walk down the old steps of the church of Peace Of Christ and go alone the sidewalk clenching on to my purse and fleeing the cold autumn breeze pushing into my face.

Should have brought a bigger jacket, I thought to myself.

My house isn't that far away from the church, only about 10 minute walk, which I enjoy so I can come here and pray everyday. To me praying is very important and also believing in something in which you cannot see is also important, having faith in God. But sometimes I think otherwise.

"Only 5 more minutes," I say shivering aloud

As I am walking along the busted up sidewalk I hear a scream coming from someone backyard to what I hear is, help.

Oh Jesus help me now what if I can't save them, do I call the police?

As frighten as I can be slowly start to emerge into the backyard and peeking over the bushes as they hide me enough and I see nothing. Nothing but a peace of cardboard in the middle of the lawn. Strange I thought to myself. I explore the area with my eyes and find no one who would be a suspect of the screaming.

"What are you doing here!" A large elderly women approached me yanking me by my sweater.

"I'm so sorry I heard something and I was just trying to find out what it was." I say panicking my voice getting squeaker and fainted by the minute as this women grabs a hold of me.

"I gift you the curse of the wicked and don't have me catching you here again!" She roared and me I left so quit holding my purse which was also in her grasp too and ran all the way home.

Ok never again will I ever investigate something on my own. If I wanted to I should have joined the police force or something. Terrified I open my front door walk in and lock the doors of my small but lovely home. I live alone which quite frankly I like, no disturbance of any kind where I can sit and drink my tea in peace.

I begin to look into my bag finding the newest book from my favorite Christian author, Lady MarieAnn. Her books were quite inspiring to read and they helped me a lot in order to get closer to God and this was one of her newest ones. I reach inside but touch something rough, almost like cardboard. I pull the piece out and the nightmare I so wished didn't come true happen.

"Oh no, it's a fucking Ouji Board," I then proceeded to scream.