Chapter 1

~Zoey's POV~

I'm panicking. Why did this have to happen to me? Why did this stupid piece of machinery have to stop with me inside it? Why do I have to be so scared in situations like this? I should have just taken the stairs but no, my lazy ass decided not to.

"Calm down, calm down." I am repeating these words over and over again while I frantically press each of the buttons hoping one of them would kick start the elevator and make it move again, but they don't. I want to get out! I just want to get out of this isolated area and not feel like my head is going to explode. My breathing is uneasy and my head is spinning like crazy.

"H-hey, it's okay.." I jump at the sound of a voice and think for a split second that I may actually be going crazy. I turn around and look at the man who belonged to the voice. Wow! He is very handsome. His greyish brown hair is perfectly rested and his brown eyes make me melt. I see him lick his lips and I hope that he didn't realise I was staring.

"Oh I forgot someone else was in here." I say somewhat apologetecly and out of breath, due to my fear overcoming me. The man clears his throat before speaking again.

"Are you okay miss? Are you possibly Claustrophobic?"

I laugh sarcastically. "Is it that obvious?"

I'm still struggling to keep my breathing under control so I close my eyes, place my hands on the elevator wall and lean into them, trying my best to focus on my breathing pace and not the fact that these walls are threatening to swallow me whole. But what if I die in here? What if no one saves us? Why do these four walls around us keep getting closer and closer? I open my eyes slowly and I spot in the corner of my eyes that the man has his hand near my back and is hesitating to place it there for whatever reason. I swivel my head in his direction and raise my brow. The man's eyes widen in sudden shock and he quickly puts his hand down by his side.

"I-i was j-just g-going to try c-calm you down." He stutters out. I breath out a chuckle.

"I'm okay." But I said that too soon. I turn my body back around and my eyes start scanning the room, which releases the bad thoughts and they start swirling around in my mind.

"Stop!" I latch my hands onto my head and start tugging at my hair. "Ahhhh! No!" I spin around and the walls teasingly jump at me and I fall to the cold floor. I cover my head with my hands and start to sob. "Nooo, please! Why does this have to happen to me!"

I rock back and forth and suddenly feel a gentle hand being placed on my shoulder. That causes me to raise my head carefully.

"Hey look at me. We are going to be okay. You are going to be okay. I bet there is someone already on their way to rescue us." He confidently shows me a reassuring smile and for some reason, it's as if his presence repelled the walls away from me, forcing them back to their rightful place. I gasp,

"How did you do that?" I ask.

He looks at me with a puzzled expression. "Do what exactly?"

"I have severe Claustrophobia and it is almost impossible to calm me down when in a fit and yet, you did just that, only by talking to me." I stare at him almost in a fascinated state.

This stranger managed to almost completely calm me down just by telling me what I've already been trying to tell myself. How? How come this man has that kind of power over me?

"I uh, I don't know." He says, looking almost as surprised as me.

I keep staring at his features, attempting to figure out what was so special about this man and while I was doing so, the stranger clears his throat awkwardly and looks at the ground. I realise that I've embarrassed him and snap back to reality.

"Oh um, I'm sorry." He just chuckles slightly and nods.

He then gets up and streches his hand out towards me as a sign to help me up. I accept it but as I try standing my legs give in a little and I start falling. But the man's reflexes are quick and he swiftly catches me.

"Wow, you alright? Maybe it's better that you stay sitting down." He looks at me in a concerned matter, making me blush a little.

"Uh no that's okay. I'll be fine." He nods and helps me stand properly and doesn't let me go till he knows I'm able to stand on my own. I smile at him,

"Thank you." He smiles back and we both lean against the wall and I do my best to block out the negative thoughts.

We stand there in silence for a while.

"How long has it been?" He checks his phone and answers his own question, "3 hours..." My eyes widen.

"What?! And yet no one has come to get us! They mustn't know we are in here!! Noo! What if they don't come! We could be stuck in here!" I can't help but start to panic again and pace back and forth as the evil side of my conscience starts whispering in my ear and feeding my fear, letting it overcome me again.

The man stops me in my tracks. "Hey! Don't start freaking out again, remember we are getting out of this elevator!" I nod profusely while he gets his phone out again.

He lifts the phone up and tries his best to get reception looking at the service bars in the corner if the screen to see if they fill up. I actually saw him do this just after the elevator froze in place.

"Damn it!" He curses. "Why is there no-" He cuts himself off. "Finally!" He keeps the phone in the air and dials a number.

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 😊❤ chapter 2 will be out soon 😘❤ love ya!!