Our hands met reaching for the same book

(~ Yukimura Natsumi's POV )

I was scanning the bookshelves of the library, looking for the book I had been reading the other day. It had captured my heart. And I wanted to read it again. My gaze fixed upon it as I found it. 

Reaching out my hand to grab the book, another hand blocked my path. Our hands met and reflexed back instinctively.

 I turned my head to take a look who it that was blocking me from my heart' s thirst. My eyes widened in recognition of the person standing next to me. Though he was disguised so as not to attract any attention, there was no mistaking he was Ichinose Tokiya from Starish. It looked like a dream, both vivid and unbelievable. It was too good to be true! 

I struggled to say something but the shock absorbed the words. I had a feeling that I was going to wake up anytime now, though I didn't wanted to. I was drowned in his gentle eyes. Stop staring at him like a fool! I turned my eyes down as my cheeks got warmer. Stop blushing!

"Uhm..", I heard his melodious voice, "are you going to take this book out?",he asked.

I tried to gather my courage to respond, "No-no , I was going to read it here itself."

"It's alright, you have it. I'll come by some other day," but he didn't stirred. The silence grew awkward.

"Uhm... Okay", I said to end all this uneasiness. I reached out my hand for the book, when I heard someone approach him.

There were faint whispers about having only an hour off and the busy day ahead. I looked at the book in my hand, thinking I should let him have it instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it !! 

Yukimura Natsumi's my oc. She loves reading books and music. She is a bit shy but interesting. This will not be a long slow story.

Constructive criticism is welcome . Please review!