Through the Eyes of the Children

In a frenzy world that we live in, have you stopped playing for a while and appreciate the scenery surrounds you? Have you taken your eyes and mind off your homework and assignments and be in touch with nature even for a moment?

 If I look at the world through your eyes, what will I see? Some of you would answer: The walls of the majestic buildings. While several would probably reply: Green meadows and mountains, the clear blue water, and breathe fresh air. I'd say that you are fortunate. Your brothers and sisters who dwell in the cities haven't experienced the comforts that nature could provide. They have only seen the beauty of nature on television. They have only read in books the calmness that it brings. All they see are the tall buildings and the murky water in the river. Some of them have to make out of town trips just to experience nature. It's such a shame that not all of us get to enjoy the nature that God has given us.

I hope that one day, we, the grown-ups and your role models as well will be able to see the world through your eyes. I pray that one day, you would be able to coach us to be sensitive to the call of the environment for protection, preservation and conservation.

This serves as a challenge for you, kids. You see things that we don't see because of our personal cares and concerns. However, remember also that we are responsible for your well-being as the future of this  world. Let us see the world through your eyes. Wake us up from our slumber when the state of the environment is concerned. If we don't actnow, then when should we move? Make us move. Make our world a better place.

***

 If we don't act now, then when should we move? Make usmove. Make our world a better place.