This

'This is the start of something beautiful. You are the start of something beautiful'

He was 16 when he first met her.
She was 19 when she first laid her eyes on him.
It created an unanticipated outburst of a story that was meant to be written long before the constellations have found its way to the galaxies.

Not even a sign or precautionary warning spurted out of their ways. That somehow, the universe conspired to make things happen between them. As if it was 'predestined' all along.

It was a fateful night in August 6th when cards started to lay out its alas. Who would have thought that this meeting would draw out a story that has been long written in the stars?

Edward Barber, the cheerful charmer of Germany was welcomed with loud cheers and wild screams. He was enthralled to enter the most famous house in the Philippines, 'Bahay Ni Kuya'. Never in his wildest dreams that he'll be able to find himself being a part of one of the biggest reality shows in the Philippine television. His heart was thumping with glee but a shot of jitters eloped him. He's not sure of what this may bring him in the future. No traces of certainty were found at the back of his head.

The cue started to ring the bell and a sign that it was time for him to bid his sister farewell as he's about to step forward a world of uncertainty and reality.

It was raining hard during that night. Somehow, bewildered thoughts crept into Edward's mind that maybe, in some ways, it was meant to be a blessing or to be a curse.

As he was straddling his way inside of the house. A woman, who was wearing a yellow blouse with blue jeans welcomed him. He was reassured that he was unnoticed as he walks through the pool area. She was too busy doing the dishes that she never took a glance at him. His' hands started to shake, cold, sweaty palms were evident as he reached out for the door. He wasn't so sure whether he was cold because of the chills that the rain has embraced to his body or the feeling of nervousness because standing before him was a woman he barely knows.

He slowly opened the door and the girl who was busy cleaning the dishes, lifted her head up to see who opened the door adjacent to where she was standing. Her smile, reached from one ear to the other. The sparkle in her eyes when she saw that she won't be alone anymore.

He was taken aback by seeing those smiles. 'Her smile is so infectious.' This mere thought curved out a big smile on his face as he smiled back to the woman that was a complete stranger to him. She wasn't the kind of beauty he mundanely sees in Germany. He knows too well that she was different, the kind of girl that would haunt you 'til dawn because she was more beautiful than what his eyes could ever perceive. Deep down he knows, this could be a start of something beautiful.

A temporary blur of everything around them filled the room for as long as they could imagine. He jaunted his way towards her and he wasn't so sure what came into his senses that he immediately hugged her after a minute or two of quick encounter. He, too, was surprised about what he did. He knew he was just being friendly and it was a 'normal' thing for him. But, his heart gradually started to skip a beat by the idea that his skin touched hers. A jolt of ecstasy lingered beneath his flesh the moment he had her on his arms. He shrugged it off as soon as he realized it shouldn't be made out as a big deal. Maybe, he was just too ecstatic to know that he has found a new friend in her and it was nothing but pure bliss.

'I'm Marydale' he wasn't so sure of what he heard. It took him a few seconds to realize that this woman is trying to initiate a conversation.
'I'm Maymay, call me, Maymay'.

Unconsciously, he can't help but to put up a shy face upon hearing her name. For him, it sounded more of 'My May.' He didn't liked the idea of him being effortlessly drawn towards her. He just met her but it was as if he knows her way long before they met. 'They suddenly clicked'.

Cliché as it sounds but he wanted to know more about her. He was too curious about her. He observed her carefully as if he was his favorite subject to know about. The moment he saw her from afar, he felt different, he felt something new. But when she let out that smile on her face, he knew he was doomed. It was too early for him to bud a feeling to a woman he merely knows. But, one thing's for sure, 'he needs to stay closer to her.' Something so unusual for the 16-year old, Edward Barber.

Less did Edward knew that this would turn his world around into a 180 degrees spin. When all he thought that it was a plain attraction - their own kind of story was scribbled in the stars even before cupid found his valentine.

'In life, you meet people you never imagine nor intended to be with in the first place. Some of the most beautiful stories weren't deconstructed from fairytales. They have their own story to write and own story to tell. You fall in love with the person you least expected to be in love with. You may actually thought for a minute that they mean nothing special to you but as a bestfriend you've known for years. But, what if? Just what if, they are the ones who are meant to love you the way you deserve to be loved. Beautiful stories about love don't usually start with love at first sights nor crush at first glance. It is the kind of love that grows in you, that develops in time. The span of time you spend with them equates to the longevity of years you want to be with them. Friendship that promptly blossoms into love. Never rush something you want to last for a lifetime, let it bloom, let it grow and when the time is right, it will naturally find its way to you.'