Heartache

Doe eyed and trembling Eden stared at her best friend across the street. The longer she looked the more her heart broke as she watched her best friend lip locked her boyfriend of 7 months. Yet she couldn't look away. She watched as they suddenly pulled apart. As if sensing that she, someone, was watching them, they scanned the street while whispering to each other. Eden quickly hid inside a nearby store, her heart pounding rapidly in her chest as realization dawned on her.

And she began to cry. For what felt like hours she just stood there sobbing quietly.

"Uhh...you okay?" She heard I deep voice call from beside her. A large hand was placed softly on her elbow and she quickly flinched away.

"Hey, I'm not trying to scare or anything I just wanted to see if you were okay." The boy said. He held up his hand showing her he wasn't going to do anything to harm her. Eden noticed his apron and looked around.

She had found herself in a little café. She had been here a couple times in the past with Sarah and Duane, but this face was new. At the thought she felt tears brimming and quickly wiped them way with the back of her hands.

"I'm Snow." said the café boy grinning boyishly at her. The way he looked when he smiled had Eden panting at the mere sight of him. His dark brown curly hair, grey eyes and toned built had him look like he had just walked right out a Calvin Klein photoshoot. The scar above his right eye adding a dangerous look to his already perfected sculpture. What a fine specimen of chocolate... she thought.

Realizing she was staring, Eden eyes widen slowly before she quickly looked down at her shoes, blushing profoundly at where her thoughts was heading. 'Snow' let out soft chuckle at her innocence before approaching her again. "Would you like to sit?" He asked her quietly, his playfulness disappearing as his face softened.

Eden looked up at him once again through her tear-filled eyes. Snow was checking her over slightly as if trying to see if she was hurt.

"Yes please, I'm Eden." she replied. Snow froze as she spoke, probably at her accent, his eyes quickly finding their way to hers. The way he looked at her made her heart melt. Then she remembered what happened only a few minutes ago.

Sensing her change in mood Snow took her gently by her elbow and led her towards the little bar. Walking around to the other side, he silently made her a drink while leaving her to her thoughts. A warm mug of hot chocolate was placed in front of her and she looked to Snow seeing he was smiling at her. "On me." She smiled softly and took a sip of the most delicious hot chocolate she's ever tasted. A low moan left her lips and she blushed as Snow chuckled.

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked after she had finished her cup. "The café is about to close, and I can give you ride if you need one" She didn't realize how long she had been in the café. It was beginning to darken outside.

"I, I can walk home." she told him quickly packing up, grabbing her bag. Shaking his head Snow lightly grabbed her elbow. "No, it's getting dark. I don't want anything else to happen to you."

Sucking in a breath Eden nodded, quietly waiting for him to finish lockup. They walked silently to his car. Neither wanting to break the awkward silence. Snow helped her in, earning a small smile before he crossed the front of the car hopping in. I just got into a strangers car! she thought while mentally face palming. The drive to her house was silent, the only time she spoke was to give him directions. As they approached the gates of her house they were stopped by security and she inwardly groan.

Giving a now puzzled Snow a small nervous smile she lowered the window of the passenger door. "Hey Francis", she called out to the guard she had grown up knowing. Francis gave her a small smile opening the large gates for Snow's car to pass through. Snow stared up at her house in slight astonishment and awe.

Eden's parents were loaded. Not many people knew because she didn't want people to pretend to like her just because of who her parents were. When the car had finally parked at the top of the marble drive way she sucked in a breath before turning to Snow. He was staring at her, with slight emotion in his eyes quietly taking in every inch of her body. His scrutinizing gaze made her blush deep red. "Thank you...for everything," she said quietly. Snow grinned at her. "You're most welcome. Bye Eden." he said.

"Bye," she muttered meekly. The entire walk up to her door Snow sat watching her. She felt his intense stare on her back. Turning she gave him a wave and a small smile before entering the place she called home.