The house

It was a nice halloween night and we got the day off of school. My friends and I decided that we were going to go trick-or-treating together then go to the Halloween party afterwards. As it got darker my friends started to arrive. We hung out at my house and then got ready. The last of the girls to arrive was Jane, she was always late. We were about to leave with out her when she finally showed up. She was all ready  to go.  So we left. We decided to go back to my place half an hour before the party started to get ready.  That was our plan.
We went around two or three blocks blocks before we reached the house. It looked old and abandoned, but the lights were on. Jane, Renea, and Hailey wanted to go up to the door and knock, so that's what we did.
When we knocked the door swung open with a squeak.  Jane stepped inside looking back at us waiting for us to join her, of course we did. Jane was the girl everyone at school wanted to be friends with and every guy wanted to be with. Jane and I were the closest out of the group. I told them that we could look around only if we were back at my house in time. They said okay and we all agreed to stick together.
At first the house wasn't too bad, it got uncomfortable when you entered the living room. There were Cat statues that appeared to be following you with there eyes and same with all the paintings. There was a door off the kitchen that I thought was a closet, so when I opened it I was slightly shocked to have been greeted with a case of stairs.
I called my friends over, I thought that they would want to check it out. I was right. We went up the stairs, they led straight into a hallway. The hall opened up to a open space with an old wooden table and two leather black couches, under them was a huge red rug. This big room had anouther hall going the opposite way and two doors in each.
"We can split up in groups. Renae, Hailey and you can go that way" I said pointing to my right "the rest of the girls and I will go this way" I pointed to me left "then we will meet back here." So we split up.
The first room that my group and I went  into was nice, it was dusty but it was nice. There was a single bed with a wooden frame. The blanket was thick and soft. There were so many cute things all around the room.
We left that room and went into the next one, this one smelt so bad. The door creaked when we opened it. The bed was not made and there were a lot of bones laying on it. We got closer and realized that it had been a cat. Right from the start the room was bad. The more we looked the worse it had got. There where creepy pictures all over, anything you opened you would see a picture and with it an obituary. We left deciding that this was not okay with any of us.
Renea and her group were still in the first room they entered, they were standing by the door way still too.
"Hey Renea, what's going on?" I asked as I approached the group and they all parted so I could get through. As soon as I saw it, I knew why they had stayed by the door.