Tying Knots

I glance at the ticking clock on the wall while playing with the silky fabric of my crimson red knee-length dress. It was a gift from Louis on my 22nd birthday. 7:40. Getting more anxious by the minute.

7:41. 19 more minutes. He's still not here.

He told me he'd be picking up at around 8:00 pm for our dinner date. He usually arrives 30 minutes early. Even though I know Zayn's history with time, this is quite unlike him.

7:43. I heard a bang on the door. Not loud enough to be heard by Charity, who is upstairs, but loud enough for me.

Finally! I was starting to get worried "Chast, are you there?" Louis voice startles and confused me halfway through the door. Why would Louis be here at a time like this? Not now please.

I rush to the door only to be greeted by an alarmed Louis, "Chast! Thank God, I was starting to think you weren't home!" he spoke.

"Louis, what are you doing here?" I asked since he doesn't usually appear unannounced. Ever since me and Zayn reunited his timing got better and by better I mean he doesn't show up in unusual and humiliating scenarios.

"No time to explain, love, come with us, now!" He replied in a sudden rush.

"Lou, I can't. Zayn's picking me up any minute now." He is going to flip when he founds out that im going with Louis on our date night. Wait. Us? What does he mean us?

But he didn't leave me any time to reply for before I knew it he hurriedly pulled me into his car. I almost stumble with my not-so-high-but-still-high-enough-to-make-me-fall-4-inch-heels. You think going out with those fancy dates with Zayn would do me any good but nope I always choose to wear possibly comfortable shoes and dresses, I know he gets irritated sometimes though but doesnt say anything because he knows I won't change.

Inside the car I found Eleanor quietly sitting at the back of the car with an anxious expression on her face but as soon as I came into her view she relaxed a bit. Oh so thats 'us'. I suddenly remember they started dating again a few days after me and Zayn became okay because the boys helped Louis plan a surprise trip for Eleanor to Paris.

I found it kinda odd that she's in the back but then I figured that she might have sneak in because she knows Louis is going to drag me here.

"Hey, sweetie!" Eleanor enthusiastically greeted as I sat shotgun.

"Hi El!" I replied trying to match her enthusiasm, but obviously I couldn't.

"Umm do you happen to know where Louis is taking us?" I asked nervously hoping she'd tell me.

"Oh of course I do, silly! But sadly I can't tell you, you'll just have to wait and see." She said slightly smirking at me.

No one else spoke after that as seeing Louis is quite busy driving and Eleanor was just staring at him from the front mirror. The silence was was unnerving and killing me with anticipation because I can't comprehend where Louis and Eleanor is taking me even though they are aware that I'm suppose to be on a date with Zayn in exactly 9 minutes.

"Shit!"Louis was the first one to break the silence. I look up to see what is happening an-

Traffic, great.

I better text Zayn before he gets worried... Or worse.

"Hey babe, Lou and El are taking me somewhere on last minute and I couldn't stop him so I might be a tad bit late on our date. Sorry x"

Message sent. I lock my phone but not before checking the time, 7:58.

2 minutes, and still no sign of communication. I made sure to include Eleanor therefore not worrying if Zayn ever decided to go Hulk on Louis knowing that he made me ditch a date because of their scheme.