Taking Chances

"come on! do another lap!" coach shouts at the five of us. we were all drenched in sweat and were panting heavily. we groaned as we set off to run again. this was punishment for being late to P.E. he was unfortunately very sexy and muscley, which meant that if you were pissed at him everyone would think you were crazy for hating someone like that but frankley i was getting so annoyed that i think i would eventually get verbally bitchy (not physically cus then that would be the 8th school ive been kicked out of) because some teachers are so horrible. and i think everyone can relate.

"speed UP December! we havent got all day!" he yelled again. this guy seriosly wanted punching.

i picked up my pace and i was the one who actually got there before anyone else was even halfway. pfft! and he is telling ME i need to speed up? coach didnt even congratulate me he just said "you need to pick up the pace, your too slow" i sighed. but when peter crossed the finish line he said "well done peter! excellent work!" i rolled my eyes and went to the changing rooms.

once id gotten changed i met up with amy and we skipped the rest of school. none of our families cared as they were always too busy with work or out all they would do is sigh and say that we need to start behaving like more mature young 'ladies' but that wasnt really us at all and they knew that as much as we did.

though today we skipped for a reason, and that was to get ready for a green day concert which i was so excited about!!! we went back to hers and got ready.

****

my jet black hair was dead straight and i had carefully applied eyeliner to my waterline and on my eyelids. i also appied mascara and also put on my green day t-shirt and some black skinny jeans and my white converse. Amy had done the same except curled her bright red hair.

***

the crowd was roaring, and it only increased when the band stepped on stage and launched into american idiot. people went crazy and started to sing along and so did me and Amy.

when the concert ended everyone started to head to the exit. there was a lot of push and shove going on and Amy was dragged away from me and she called my name "ill meet you outside!" i shouted. i could just about see her nod as she was carried further and further away to the exit. i was violentely shoved to the floor. " ow! do you mind?!" i shouted. someone turned around. "oh god im so sorry i did mean to push you" he said sincerly as he helped me up. i sighed "its fine" he smiled " are you okay?" he asked. "yeah its just i think my butt is gonna be bruised real bad" i replyed. he chuckled, "lets get you out of here. im Rick by the way" " im December, but you can call me Ember"

we managed to get outside eventually and i scanned for Amy but couldnt find her. "you looking for someone?" Rick asked. "yeah but she seems to have disapeared. i got my phone out and decide to call her but instead i got a message from her telling me to meet her at the late night coffee shop. i text her back saying ill be there in ten. she didnt reply but i knew she read it.

"hey do you wanna get some coffee?" i asked rick. he nodded.we made our way down the street and started walking down burns avenue. we werent far from the coffee shop maybe ten minutes tops.

i could just about make out some of Ricks features in the dim light. he had dark brown hair and brown eyes but i couldnt really tell. he had nice sized nose and lips too. and a lip peircing which looked kinda cute on him.

we didnt speak till we were in the coffee shop. "ill get you a coffee" Rick said. i nodded and looked for Amy. she was sittling at a table in the corner with a coffee in hand looking down at her phone bored. i walked over and she looked up. "why did it take so long?" she questioned. i sat down and told her about me getting pushed really quick because rick would be over soon.

"you invited a stranger to have coffee with us?!" she whispered fiercly. i didnt have time to answer as rick was on his way over with 2 mugs of coffee. i smiled as he sat and handed me my coffee. "look again im so sorry about pushing you" he said clearly upset. "dont worry it was just the crowd trying to get out of the exit and i think a few people were pushed and shoved so its fine" he smiled and drank some coffee. "umm Ember can we speed this up cus our bus will be here in like fifteen minutes and im pretty sure its gonna take ten to drink that and walk to the bus stop and if you dont hurry then we will be walking home". "oh sure" i downed my coffee and thanked rick for paying. "um can have your number in case you wanna go out some time?" i thought about it for a second and then thought 'whats the harm?' so we exchanged numbers and said goodbye. me and Amy walked to the bus stop.

"what the hell were you THINKING?!" Amy yelled. i rolled my eyes and exhaled a sigh. "look i felt like i was a tad too mean when

he apologised so i felt i needed to make up for it" i said simply. "ok i get that. but why did you give him your number?!" "well in case you hadnt noticed Amy we havent got anyone else apart from eachother so i thought maybe we could actually socialise with other people ya know?" "ugh i hate it when your right" i giggled as we got on the bus and went home.

soooo what do ya think? please feel free to tell me what you think and if there should be anything included xxxxx will update in a few days.xxx