I

In the vast, unfathomable space that is our galaxy, one can get hopelessly lost. I have found myself many times gazing into the eyes and the heart of our wonderful universe and feeling myself grow smaller, smaller, shrink between the blades of grass and under the thin layers of dust that cover our mere existence. I feel the sheer unending depth of the stars and how they press down on me. And oh how I love the way it feels, the kind of high one could only get in ways unspeakable. I'd find me, a small organism, amongst these stars. I'd find their beauty holding me, their embrace warm and kind. Their bright gentleness fills me when I'm with them.
And once my mind finally falls back down to the Earth, back down to the place my body is, I find the same high and the same happiness in the people I love most.
In my brothers and sisters I see home, I feel the warmth, I reach the brim, then overflow. The familiar ways they hold me comfort me. Each and every one of them a star that fills my life with little shreds of gold and light.
In her, I see the small, melting stars that create our atmosphere. I see the vibrant yellows and oranges of her bursting personality (like the sun itself), and the mellow greens and blues of her collectedness. I see her reds and blues combine to make one loving purple. And she's so beautiful. She was created as such a wonderful being that I cannot comprehend. Her friendship and beauty is not unlike the stars I get lost in. And God only knows how long I could go on about her being the sunset and how she mixes together to become one, hopelessly beautiful person.
And this universe is mine, and my universe is beautiful.