the one who you saw was not me

Phrases - a phrases is a small group of words that forms a meaning full unit w/n a clause.
-Noun phrase-a noun phrases built around a single noun.
Ex: a vase of roses stood on the table 
-adjective phrase-  an adj. Phrase is built around an adj.
Ex: a lot of the kids are really keen on football.
-Verb phrase- Verbal part of a clause.
Ex: she had been living on london
-Adverb phrase- built around in adverb by adding words before and/or after it
Ex: the economy recovered very slowly

Prepositional phrase- phrase the preposition, always comes at the beginning and ending with an object of  preposition.
"Common preposition"
Aboard, avoid, about, across, after, against, a middle, before, behind, below, beside, after, between, beyond, but, by, concerning, during, except, accept, in, out, inside, into, like, up, an, outside, outward, over, pass/past, pending, regarding, since, through, through out, to, toward, unto, upon, with, within, backwards,
-adjective-
( Bold-modifying noun, verb, adverb, and adjective  Underlined preposition with phrase)

Ex: the children sang song in the evening
       Jordan is the leader of the band
       He is a man of honor

-adverbs
Ex: She was absent from the class
       The dog was hiding under the kitchen table

Verbal phrases- are verbals and any of the verb forms modifier, object, or complements. 3 types of verbal phrases( participial, gerund, infinitive)
- participial phrase- are present participles or past participles and any modifiers, object, or complements. Participial pharsed contain verbs w/c act as adjectives in a sentence.
Ex:  Having done their assignment, they watched a movie .
       Dancing under the moon, she found her happiness.
       Gary comforted the crying baby.
        The park appeared deserted on the weekdays.
- Gerund phrase- contains verbs ending in -ing and any modifiers, object, or coplements.
Ex: exercising everyday is a good habit.
        I love walking in the moonlight.
-Infinitive phrase- consist of " to" followed by verb and any modifiers, object or complement. Ex: To live in Boston  is his main goal in life.
       She went home to visit her family.
       To study after the exam is another bacjwards.
-Appositive-  w/ comma( ,  ,) a noun,
Ex: Jordan, my friend, write a love letter for me.
      Jiselle, my best friend, studies here. 
Robbie, a hot tempered tennis player  who charged the table.

Clause- consist of a subject and verb and the smallest grammatical unit that expressed thought.
-Independent clause-  can stand alone contain subject and verb in a smallest form.
Ex: I spoke before I thought.
       I eat bananas in the kitchen.
-Dependent Clause- cannot stand alone.they must join the Conjunction to be grammaticality correct.
Ex: when I read the novel
A. Adjective clause- noun& pronoun( subordinating conjunction- that, where, who, whom, which, whose, whomever, whatever, whoever)
(Bold-modify underline phrase )
Ex: Lee jungsuk whom I love the most.
      The boy whom I saw at the store committed a robbery.
B.Adverb clause- that act as an adverb, verb and adjective.( conjunction- after, although, as though, before, if , since, done, through, unless, whenever, when, whereas, why, because)
Ex: we won because we practice hard.
I'm in love when I heard the song.
C. Noun clause- without modifier

(Conjunction- How however that what whatever when where who whom whoever whomever whose which whichever why)

Ex: whatever you want is fine to me.
     What she wore was so chic
      Whatever happens, I will not give up.

Activity: