Of Broken Trust and Shattered Souls a yugioh fanfiction

Hello people who are actually reading this! It's Ataro here! Thank you for reading this, it's my first story so I'm really sorry for any errors that you find.

Yami: Just get on with the story already! You're taking forever!

Me: alright! Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading!

¥<^>¥

I'm sorry I don't understand

What makes you tick, what makes you stand

What makes feel, what makes you fall

What makes you grovel, makes you crawl

So what if I'm not who you want me to be

I want to make my own choices, to be free

So don't try to tell me to stay

Not when I've already gone away

I'm not coming back

Not where I'll hear the snap and the crack

Of the whip of broken trust

Of the whip with blood filled lust....

¥<^>¥

       Yugi slowly lifted the pencil from the piece of paper he wrote on. His amethyst eyes glittered with tears as his shaking hand gently put the pencil next to his note. He left it on the desk where Yam- HE. Where he worked everyday. Stifling a sob, Yugi lifted a black bag to his shoulder. It was about half the size of Yugi and seemed almost completely full. Sparing a glance around the room, Yugi's eyes were suddenly drawn to the millennium puzzle on a bookshelf above the desk.

          The sudden desire to break the puzzle went through Yugi, almost forcing him to take a step forward. However, he quickly calmed himself. Breaking the puzzle would do no good. Neither would bringing it along. Leaving the puzzle to continue to be seen with other priceless objects was the best option. Leave no trace that he left so that no one could come looking for him. Yugi looked over the note once more, deciding if it was what he actually wanted to leave behind, to decide if it would be his farewell note. Well... It was more of a poem, but it felt right. To leave Yam- HIM. To leave HIM something that seemed distant yet frightening true. Well, now was not the time to second guess himself. Yugi quickly abandoned the office and started walking towards the airport. The airport that would bring him to his safe haven. The airport that would finally bring him home, to North America.