chapter one

In the sixth realm of hell, there lives a family of demons, that were unusual in many ways. One way, is they only have full blooded demon children once in their lifetime, and only at the end of their lives.
    Another way they were different, is the family members were cannibal demons. Each member grew stronger by eating other demons. This also gave them more than one power, and the "soul" or the demonic energy inside the victims, was fused with their own, making the victim the source of their power.
    Ma'akren and Ssetholiss were the parents of Et obscuratus Solis and Cieri, twin demons, born on the first solar eclipse, and therefore bound to it.
As they grew in power, the twins challenged their parents to a duel, and after a couple centuries of non-stop fighting, defeated and consumed one parent each.
     To Solis, his father was the better choice, as he was stronger than Ma'akren, the mother, and therefore Solis's by right of challenge. Cieri ate their mother, and both grew in power exponentially. This was the way of their family. The full blood demon, killed his/her parents, and ate them, therefore completing the rite of passage. Solis and Cieri were twins, two halves of one whole.
     Even so, they were opposites, he, a fire demon, incubus, and weakened by the solar eclipse. Her, an ice demon, succubus, and weakened by the lunar eclipse. But they were also a team, unstoppable when together, and equally deadly when alone.
     They had killed their parents at the small age of five thousand years, barely even more than a toddler, and that had been eleven thousand years ago.

What awaits them in the future, neither one would have believed possible, or even considered.