Chapter 1: The Party

As Most know Christmas is a time of family fun, food, snow, and presents. But what we don't recognize during the holidays is the most absurd and horrifying parts of this time of year. For that reason i am here to tell you a story about a specific household in the far side of Oregon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 It was Christmas eve my  parents were holding a party that year. Everything was perfect! The decorations were perfect, the food was perfect, and even the stockings were perfect. Only one thing was missing....The christmas tree. My mother as always, sent me downstairs to the basement so i could get the tree all by myself. I could not ignore her or she would get mad so I took my courage to go downstairs. Keep in mind that at this time i was 8 or 9 years old. The tree seemed to get bigger each year but I knew i could take it back up. As i walked down the staircase i could not hear anything except the noise from upstairs.The christmas tree was way back in the basement near  my old toys. As i slowly walked towards the tree i noticed slight breathing near the  tree. I paused and looked at the tree scaredly and confused. The tree lights suddenly lit up and all i could see was a scrawny horrendous creature with no hair at all. The creature was on all fours with its spine seemingly trying to escape its body. The first thing I noticed about this thing was its smile. The smile got bigger by the  second as it came closer to me. My instincts kicked in and I fled upstairs in shock nearly crying. My mother asked what happened and I told her. she accompanied me downstairs and we didn't see the creature. All i know is that while me and my mom were there the creature was there too. I could sense its presence. It made me feel nauseous and slightly disturbed. Me and my mom took the tree upstairs and forgot the whole thing happened.