Part 1

Being able to escape while you're completely injured and your power sealed was an absolute miracle to Estarossa, after all he was mistaken as his older brother and two of the fucking archangels along with their finest warriors went to chase him. However, even though he was still alive, he doubts that he'll survive long enough with the war currently going on. If a goddess or even a mere human was to see him, he'd be dead meat.

He was completely vulnerable without his power, probably weaker than a fairy and that fact infuriated him. He was the second prince of the demon clan damn it, he should have been powerful, he shouldn't look like a hopeless knight who's in a brink of death.

With nothing to rely on but his completely useless and powerless body, he dragged his legs finding support on the trees around him. He wishes that a demon would find him, and prays that goddess wouldn't but within a forest anything could happen. Groaning in pain, he fell on his knees pressing his palm againts his stomach that just wouldn't stop bleeding. He bit his lower lip, seeing that the blood would just slipt between his fingers, completely staining his hands with crimson.

His sight was starting to get blurry, body trembling because of the pain for a second there he felt like a boneless jelly. He wants to snort at the thought remembering his brother's cooking instead, well, he already should have if not for the situation.

Ah, that green jellatin that looks like a goo moster ready to eat them was the most horrofying thing he saw his entire childhood. His brother accidentally demonized that already disgusting jellatin, causing it to look far more disgusting.

Although he hated Zeldris at that time, jealous of him, he carried the youngest demon who was about 5 years old while screaming as they ran through out the castle.

It did not just happen ones...

He hated it how happy memories followed, it was as if a way of telling him that he was about to die.

This was all Meliodas' fault, after all why on earth do they have to look exactly the same? Although he could use it for his advantage (and he does a lot), that fact could also possibly bring him to his death.

He stopped blaming his brother and gathered his strength in an attemp of rising up, yet his legs gave out making his fall completely parallel down the ground. Grunts and groans echoes through the place, hating the sight of dirt, stones and dead leaves in front of him.

His body hurts so badly, he wants it gone, although he had experienced having his arms and legs cut off, they would heal anyway, the pain would be temporary but this was lasting longer than how it should be.

He shuts his eyes in frustration, gritting his teeth as he clench his fist, crushing the leaves that got into his grasp. He hates how he was hearing Zeldris' mocking voice calling him unworthy of being a demon royalty, whatever Zeldris thinks of him, he'll prove him wrong someday.

Eventually, he succumb into his injuries, his conciousness slipping away no matter how he tried to hold unto it. The amount of blood he was lossing made him feel dizzy, and without it being repleneshed he was scared if it was possible for him to die in blood lost. Yet fear was something his mind had brushed off, he just felt tired, like he needed to rest and he does...

Forgetting the possibility of death.

~

"You'll be alright... you'll be alright..."

"I promise..."

The first thing Estarossa saw upon waking up was a golden chandelier adored with crystals. Although the object was beautiful, it irritated him since his eyes were still adjusting to the light.

Whose voice was that?

Realizing that he was on a soft matress, he quickly rose, looking around seeing himself in his brother's room.

"Welcome back Estarossa." He turned his head to the right, seeing his older brother sitting on a chair. He blinks, watching the blonde shut the book he is reading placing it over the table just beside the bed.

"Did you heal me?" Meliodas raised an eyebrew at the question.

"Tell me Esta, do I look like a goddess to you?" The younger quickly shook his head, finding his statement insulting. To them, there was nothing more vile than those creatures in this world, they played a lot of dirty cards to start the war, and he'll forever hate the goddesses for that. The other races may fear them because of their way of living, but that's just who they are, they never did anything else to harm them. It was the goddesses who pushed them to the edge, Meliodas lossing his patience with them.

And look what those idiots did, they made it appear that they, the demon clan, started the war.

How on earth did he made up a question like that?

"I just brought you here all injured and ask Chandler to remove the seal, when it was gone, you healed yourself so it is not a necesity to call upon a goddess." Meliodas told him, Estarossa feeling stupid for thinking something like that. That's right, he could heal, as long as the seal wasn't there.

Swallowing, he chose to change the topic, remembering a possible awful consequence of his actions. He showed weakness, which wasn't supposed to be allowed... He was a prince after all, a son of the demon king, he has his blood through out his vains. Failure is something that'll humiliate not only him, but his brothers and father.

"Father's furious isn't he?" He asks hesitantly, his soul groaning in the anticipation of pain. The last time he failed, he got whips all over his back and he doubs the same would be his punishment this time...

It could be far more worse.

Meliodas smiled, and with that the silverette's uneasiness went away. The older prince pinch his nose pkalfully, earning a groan followed with a laughter asking him to stop, and the blonde did.

"He doesn't know, and I'm keeping it like that... I didn't look for you for three hours for him to hurt you all over again." Estarossa's lips fell into a thin line, feeling guilty. This even just reminded him when the war just started, Meliodas reluctant about throwing them into the battle field. After the first day, the blonde was screaming his name through the battle field worried sick.

"I'm sorry..." He fidgets, Meliodas merely smiling as he ruffled his hair. The blonde eventually stood up from his chair, taking his book with him. Estarossa blinks, following Meliodas with his eyes as he walk around the bed straight to the door.

"It's fine... now you get back to bed, a war rarely lets a warrior rest... and you, definitely need one."

"Where are you going?"

"Going to sleep."

"But this is your room!"

"Well, it's yours for the night."

"You're only going back to the battle field!" The blonde smiles, somehow knowing that the younger demon will figure out. He sighs, there was no point lying to him now.

"I'm needed there..." He couldn't really give the blonde another reason to stay. Meliodas was truely needed for the war, it was him that raises the morals of the soldiers, it's probably even enough to have him alone to fight the war.

His brother after all was just simply too powerful.

As the twin door of the roon shuts behind the blonde, Estarossa was left alone. He flop unto the bed, pulling the pillow from underneath his head, hugging it instead while burrying his face unto it.

The voice was once ringing on his head, and when he was about to conclude that it was Meliodas, he realized that it was of a female's. He remembered the feeling warmth throughout his body, the pain going away and he was somehow thankful of that.

He shuts his eyes, easily drifting into his sleep, seeing nothing but long silver locks within his dreams.