Chapter 1 - Sorry, But I Hate Camping...

I was watching the television when I heard mum call out to me. "Tara! Ella's on the phone!"

"Okay Mum! Coming!" I switched the TV off and ran down the stairs to the phone. "Hi Ella."

"Hi Tara!" I heard from the other end of the line, "How are you?"

"Good, except I'm a bit bored, you know. I haven't really done anything these holidays. Do you wanna' catch up some time?" I sighed.

"Well I was just calling to ask if you wanted to come with me, Nathan and Carl down to the river. I don't want to be the only girl!" she said excitedly. But I wasn't that keen. I hated camping.

"Umm," I was trying to find the right words, "I don't really want to come. Sorry, but I hate camping. And you know that!"

"Oh please! It will be so much fun!"

"Umm..." I still wasn't convinced.

"No parents allowed either!" she exclaimed. I guess she really wanted me to come. And hey, I'd even get to spend some time with Nathan!

"Fine. I'll ask my Mum. She'll be glad I'm out of the house for once." I put the phone down on the kitchen bench and went to find my Mum. I walked into the living room and asked, "Can I please go camping with Ella, Carl and Nathan at the creek?"

"Hmm..." started my Mum, "will there be parent supervision?"

"Of course!" I lied, "Ella's Dad will be looking after us."

"As long as you don't go near the waterfall." she replied boringly.

"Why?"

"Just because. Don't why me."

"Ok..." I said, slightly confused. I walked back into the kitchen and picked up the phone. "Ella? Yep, I'm allowed to come. As long as we stay away from the waterfall. I have no idea why. What time do we meet there?"

"You can get dropped off at our house on Thursday at like one o'clock if you want."

"I'm sure that'll be fine. See you then." I said

"Ok bye!" Ella said happily as I hung up. What was I getting myself into? I put the phone back on the receiver and went upstairs to start packing some things.