Birds

Mom is screaming up to this point. I hate when she screams. "You always think you can be Ms. independent, don't you? Well, I got news for you! Good luck! Go ahead if you're SO confident, go ahead! Go make money, make food, buy things, and so much more! Then you'll see! You wanna be free? Then go ahead! Be free and see where that gets you in life!" She screams. I run into my closet and start to sing. To myself. To the clothes. To anyone who is willing to take a second to listen. Speaking of listening, I hear the beautiful song of a canary sing from outside my window. I run out! I love the sound of birds during the day. They make me feel safe. Secure. They make everything seem ok in that exact moment. The moment you hear their song, you want to sing with them. For even a moment, to sing. To let go. To be with them. To fly away. To be gone. And to never come back. Maybe one day, that'll be me. Maybe one day, I'll finally have happiness. But, finding it, well that's nearly impossible. Keeping it, even more impossible. Up to now, mom's screaming at dad for defending me. I still don't know what I did. She refuses to tell me. Why me? Why does my mom have to be the way she is? Why does my dad get in trouble for the things I do? I could ask why all day. But, I will never have answers. These are the questions for the birds. The only things I look forward to seeing. Maybe the birds even look forward to seeing me. Just maybe.