Prologue

(Mechanical Hearts):  This was it. Today was the day that your life began! Admittedly, it was a groggy morning and a slow afternoon due to a late-night gaming session, but today was the day! You had packed your bags the night before: Two bags full of clothes, equipment, and your comforts from home. You checked, double-checked, and then triple-checked the contents. Your new job started today, the first job you'd ever had (other than an embarassing stint as a server in order to pay for a few video games once.)

You were fresh from college, a young mind now well-versed in the workings of all things mechanical and computerized. Ever since you were young, you'd always held a fascination of anything you could take apart. At first, it had been pens and small plastic toys when you were young, but you moved on to more complicated toys and small appliances as you grew older. It seemed you had a natural talent for disassembling something and finding the problems within. So with your parents' help and funding, you had shipped out to the local technical college when you had graduated high school.

Your father, [Father's Name]... Ever the businessman, he had used a few of his contacts to get the word out that there was a mechanic looking for a local job. Of course, 'local' had been your parents' idea, though you didn't particularly care. It had only been a month since you had graduated from college when you recieved a letter in the mail inquiring about your skills. They had apparently been shown your resumé and requested to meet you to discuss a potential long-term job.

Turn To Page One------------------------------------------->