Chapter One

My name is Ellie Hudson. I'm Twenty- one and I'm a warrior in the Blood Moon pack. I have no parents and I'm not sure if they're alive or dead but I don't care. They left me at the a very young age and expect me to play a game of Hide and Seek. I'm not playing. My mate rejected me for someone else. Upset was an understatement, I was devastated. Everyone in the pack pitied me and I hate that. I hate being pitied so I put on a smile on my face everyday to assure them that I'm fine on the inside a breaking down in pieces and no one knows. From that day I vow to never fall in love again.

Love - two vowels, two constant, two syllables and has the power to break a human heart or renew it. But it broke mine. Love... Doesn't exist.

Right now I'm running in the forest in my human form and its 7am in the  morning. I came back from the Midnight Shadow pack at 11pm last night.
There's nothing better than running in the woods and being free. The feeling of the wind hitting on your skin, trees passing by in a blur, my feet hitting the ground as I ran and the smell of mother mature itself.

A few minutes later I shifted into my wolf form. My wolf Lizzy ran like there is no tomorrow.

At 8:30am I arrived at the pack house and shifted into my human form with my clothes on. Some werewolves shift without shredding their clothes while some can't. I don't know why. I jogged inside the house through the back door and was greeted by the pack members and I smiled and waved as I jogged pass them. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

Uncle Ted came I and smiled at me as I put down my water bottle. I went up to him and hugged him and he did the same.

Uncle Ted is the top warrior in the Blood Moon pack, he taught me how to defend myself and trained me. He found me when my parents abandon me and welcomed me with open open arms. He's like the father I never had and I love him and I am grateful for everything he's done for me.

"Just got back from  your run?" He asked as we pulled away.
"Yeah. Today I will be joining you in  training," I said and smiled at me an he did the same. "Honey you just got back from another pack. Don't you think you should get some rest?" He asked with concern in his eyes. "I had enough sleep don't worry about it OK?" I reassured him and he nod his head.

Alpha Brian came down with Luna Audrey hand in hand. "Good morning Alpha, Luna," both Uncle Ted and I said at the same time. They both smiled at us both it didn't reached their eyes. I know a fake smile when I see one because that's what I've been doing for the passed 3years. I wonder what it is.

"Ellie I didn't know you came back. When did you came back?" The Alpha asked. " Late last night, sir. I didn't came to then because I figured that you were sleeping," I answered with confidence. " oh," he said to me.

"Alpha Brian is everything OK?" Uncle Ted asked the alpha who seems to be deep in thought at the moment. Luna Audrey elbowed him in the stomach and he was snapper back to reality. "I'm sorry what?" He asked and Uncle Ted sigh deeply. "Is it Jacob again?" Uncle Ted asked and both of them looked down while I narrowed my eyes in  confusion. Who the heck is Jacob?

"I hate seeing him like this," the Luna said and a tear escape her eyes and Alpha Brian wrapped his arms around her and relaxed in his touch. I looked down to my shoes because I didn't want to see them like that. They love each other so much and will do anything for each within a heart beat and I'm jealous of them because I will never get that. My mate rejected me and moved away from this pack with the person he loved.

I was the one made for him. I was the one who he was suppose to love, who was suppose to be held in his arms every night until I fall asleep and he was suppose to be my amour and the shoulder I lean on when I needed it the most...I was the one who was suppose to be his world...but now someone else is.

Snap out of it Ellie. This is not the time to think about him. Forget him. He's moved on and so should  you.

"He'll get pass it someday. You just got to be  patient," Uncle Ted said to them and they both nod their heads.

"There is a group rouge at the south east border!!!" Someone shouted. I I think his name was Matt. "Are you sure?" I asked  him immediately shifted into a serious mood. "Yes. Some of the warriors are already ready there and the children, pregnant woman and elders are moving to the safe house. There are a lot of rouges and they came prepare," Matt said and that's when I heard someone contacting us with the mind link. "Alpha they have hunters with them!!!" One of the warriors said through the mind link.

They eyes widened in surprise but I just narrowed my eyes in confusion. I wasn't afraid of hunters or silver or death. When my time comes then it comes. There's no denying that. But why would hunters help rouges. They are werewolves too.

"We need back up now!!!" He said again and snap myself out of my thoughts. "We have no time to figure this out, we need to protect the pack now," I said and they nod their heads. The Luna went to escort the women, pregnant ladies and children to the safe house while Uncle Ted, Alpha Brian and I went with a few more warriors and joined the fight.

As we arrived at the fight we saw some rouges and hunters bodies on the ground but most of our warriors are injured. We didn't hesitate to join. "Kill all of them and leave no survivors," The Alpha said through the mind link and I immediately answered "Alpha we need to know why the hunters and the rouges are working together. Let's at least leave one survivor and torture him to tell us if he resist," I said and he answered "Very well then," he said and cut the mind link between us.

A wolf jumped on me and attempted to bite me on my shoulder but I dodge him and pushed him off me. I lunged at him this time ripped his throat out. I killed many off them but many more came and we are completely out numbered. They stood on one side of the field while we stand on the other side.

A man came out of the crowd and smirked while we glared at him. He looked like 25 or maybe older. "Well this is the day I thought will come," he smirked proudly. I can tell he's the rouge leader. " Who are you and what do you want with my pack?" Alpha Brian asked with his alpha voice. But he laughed wickedly.

"So it's true? You don't remember me?" He asked and Alpha was confused. The man smiled and said "Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you. I only want your son Jacob. Hand him over willingly or I will do it by force," he said and clenched his teeth and he had a hard look on his face. "Never," he Alpha said angrily and the man smiled again
" I figured you'd say that. But then I'm glad you did. I haven't had a worthy opponent in a long time," he smirked and him and the rouges started running towards us.

I have to admit that we were out numbered and most of us are injured and I don't think that they could fight anymore. I, however was just fine, no scratches, nothing. I was trained for this. We could really use some back up right about now.