What I Have Learned In Life

I have learned that in life, you never get what you want and things will not be handed to you. You will not be spoon fed, because eventually you have to put one foot in front of the other and learn how to walk. Come to think of it, life is a lot like learning how to walk. When you’re younger you take small steps to get to places. When you’re older you take bigger steps. When you are spoon fed your whole life, there will come a day that you will not want to be spoon-fed anymore, and that’s the day that you finally realize that you screwed up. That’s the day you start blaming yourself for anything that has ever went wrong in your life and realizing that you may not live the rich, happy life that you wanted. For me, I realized that I could live in a van down by the river or an old rundown RV in the country and I would still be happy. I don’t need a big house, or money to be happy. Even though I wouldn’t mind living poor, because I have before, I would still like to try and get where I want to be. The eye-opening day for me was the first week of second semester, this year. Senior year. My counselor called me in his office and told me that I was not going to graduate this year, or on time. That opened my eyes so much that I wanted to get my ass in gear and get going so I can graduate. When he called me in his office, I got mad at myself. For letting everyone in my life spoon-feed me and help me along the way. Now I know that I cant be helped every second of my life, and that I can only help myself, by taking action.

            So I got on track so I can graduate and get my diploma. I wont be able to walk but I might be able to get my diploma in the summer or December of this year. I don’t care that I wont walk. It’s not a big deal for me. It may be for my parents, but this whole situation is not about my parents. They went to high school and they spent there time in school. This is my life and being ready for life to hit me full blast in the face.

            In life there are certain things you need to experience, trouble, parties, school, college, work, and friends. As time goes by, life doesn’t get any easier. It gets harder. To make time for anything or have any kind of fun that you did when you were younger. Then you start trying to make time. Maybe for your kids, for school, or even games…Or maybe even your wide. When you get older, does that special person that you found senior year so special anymore? If you marry that person, do you still love them? Do you still want to be their baby and them your boo? It depends on what you do to keep that relationship and that love flowing. Do you do new things? Do you make alone time for just you and your significant other? These are things that you need to think about. You can try to keep living your life as a busy person, or you can stop being busy, tell your bitchy boss to screw off, and make time, because what if you lose that love? What if she gave up trying to keep the love that you two had your senior year? Don’t get to that point. You will beat yourself up for not trying. Think about it. Don’t screw up.