Chapter 36-Alone Together

"Come on Luke, stay with us." I hear a voice Michael's I think. It seems to echo. He lets out a long-frustrated sigh, "Dammit, Cal. He's not waking up."

The ground is cold and foreign beneath me. I can feel a weight in my hands and hear hurried breathing from beside me. A wave of panic and fear stems through the bond. It stuns me, was this all coming from Michael?

"Stay calm, Mikey okay. Listen, you can still hear his heart beating." I hear Calum reply, his words seeming to echo as well. "He's going to be fine."

"I was right there with him, why am I awake and he isn't?" Michael answered, "Cal, I'm seriously starting to worry. He should've woken up hours ago."

"I know, to be honest. I am too."

There's silence for a moment and I can sense the fear from them both. Through the bond I sense their thoughts moving so quickly that I can barely catch them like passing cars on a highway. I try to open my eyes, give them any sign that I'm awake but my lids feel heavy and my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my thoughts. I scream out to them mentally through the bond, but they don't seem to hear me.

"In any case. How's Ash?" Michael asks.

"Him and Harry are both a little worse for wear, but I think they're okay." I hear Calum's voice. "They're both asleep now."

I was glad to hear Ashton and Harry were okay. Even though they hadn't mentioned my mother, at least we hadn't lost anyone else. Michael and Calum's talk worried me, how long had I been out of it for that they were that worried about me? I couldn't even tell. Though, where were we?

I willed my eyes open, blinking in surprise when they did. I saw Michael sitting beside me, he had his eyes closed hands in mine and he was pale, his hand felt clammy in mine. His fading red hair was a tousled mess and his wound was visibly bleeding more than ever.

My eyes caught on the thick metal bars surrounding the two of us. Everything else I could see was dark, I blinked my eyes adjusting to the light. He'd been talking to Calum, so the others had to be close. I focused my hearing catching onto their distant heartbeats. I turned finding Calum facing Michael through the other side of the bars. The exhaustion was evident in his eyes, they were swollen dark shadows underneath as though he hadn't slept much. His clothes were filthy dirty and there was still a leaf caught in the back of his hair. Though why was he separate from us?

"Luke!" Michael yelled, his green eyes wide as he dragged my attention back to him.

My head was a little woozy, but I turned to see his wide green eyes smiling back at me. I grinned back, I was so glad to see him alive considering the state we'd been in. Before I knew what was happening I was pulled into a giant hug. Then I heard Michael wince his hand falling to his side as he pulled away. I jumped back nervous remembering his wound.

He simply chucked, "Perhaps I shouldn't have done that. But heck I was so worried and-what you did for me back there was stupid but incredible-"

"Luke?" I heard a voice from behind us.

I turned behind me, my eyes meeting with Calum's this time. He grinned at me from the bars, his face stained with a thin line of blood. "Luke. You're finally awake."

I nodded before I wriggled forwards, facing him. I yelped, as I felt the sting of the bars against my knee. I pulled my knee back towards me, it smouldered for a moment before healing. I frowned looking between Calum and Michael.

"Wolfsbane." Michael and Calum both echoed at the same time.

My stomach twisted as I thought of the hunters. I looked around us realising we were back where we'd started at the cellar below the cabin. We hadn't made it out of here after all. Though the hunters or the Shadow Wolf clearly hadn't decided to kill us either. Both Mikayla and Emily's words circled in my brain.