Chase The Dream

Chapter 1: Realizations and Regrets

Bree's POV

He had me against the lockers I didn't know what to do. He put both his arms on either side of me. I was trapped, but I didn't want to be freed. His smile was intoxicating.

"You have no place to run. What are you gonna do now?" He asked seductively. I knew what I was going to do, but I knew that it wasn't right. If anyone saw us together right here, and right now we would never see each other again. Our lives would change forever. I would never want to put him in danger. But the way I felt about him made it feel so right. I could feel a new found confidence rise inside me. I answered him.

"This." As I said that I wrapped my arms around his neck closing the space in between us, and locking lips with him. Our lips moved in sync as he slid his hands down the rows of lockers, and around my hips. His lips parted from mine, and went to my ear. As he whispered in my ear it sent chills down my spine.

"Bree." His voice was echoing

"Chase."

I opened my eyes to see that I was face to face with Chase in my capsule.

It was all a dream.

He had a bewildered look in his eye. Before I could say anything he asked

"My name. you were saying my name in your sleep. Why?" My cheeks got hot at the realization that I had been talking in my sleep, and at the fact that he was this close to me. I had butterflies in my stomach flying like crazy.

"Well... umm..."

"What were you dreaming about?"

"I... umm... I was trying to find you."

"What?"

"You went upstairs in my dream, and I went up there to try and find you." Nice save. Like the smartest guy in the world is going to believe that lame attempt of an excuse.

"Okay." Wait he believed me? He never let anyone off the hook for anything. He had a shocked look on his face before getting out of my capsule and going back to his. Did he hear too much? I would of let him go, but I had questions of my own.

"Chase, wait." He was shaking a bit when I said this.

I continued.

"What were you doing in my capsule?" He paused before he answered.

"Well... umm I was just making sure you were ok."

"So that was it?" I don't know why, but I wanted something more. Except I knew that would never be the case. He wouldn't have the same feelings as me.

"Yeah." he said quickly. Before I could do anything else. He raced into his capsule. This was bad. He probably knew everything. As he closed his eyes I snuck out of my capsule, and used my super speed to run upstairs and outside. I needed to clear my head. I guess I have to be honest with myself. I've had feelings for Chase for about a year now. Which was when we all fought Marcus. Chase was so... heroic. I guess I've fallen for Chase, and I can't recover. But I also have to realize that I have to control it. He's my brother, the feelings I'm having for him are disgusting... Right?

Chase's POV

"Chase"

I opened my eyes at the sound. It was Bree

"Chase." I was reeled in by her voice. I stepped out of my capsule, and stood outside of hers. She had her hand on the glass wall. I looked at her observingly. She was so beautiful when she slept. She must have put too much weight on the door, because it creaked open. She swayed of balance a bit, and began to fall.

"Bree!" I hissed as I caught her in her capsule steadying her. She moved her hands to my chest, and I looked at her. I was breathless as I used my two fingers to stroke her cheek.

"Chase."

"Don't worry I'm here." I moved in closer to her putting my hands on her hips. I finally took notice that what I was doing was wrong. I mean she was my sister. I wasn't supposed to feel this way about her it was creepy. It was incest. I started pulling away, but she grabbed at my arm pulling me closer, closer than we'd been ever before. She slid her hands up to my neck locking her hands when she reached it. My lust took over before matter.

"Chase." I leaned in to her brushing my lips up against hers. Before I knew it I had her backed up against her capsule full on kissing her. I pulled away gazing at her.

"Bree." I said passion definite in my voice.

"Chase." Her eyes flew open as she said my name one last time. A surge of panic went through me. She stared at me for a few seconds in shock. I had to say something, anything. I was the smartest guy in the world and for once I couldn't think of anything to fill the void between us before I could ponder any longer I just blurted out the first thing that came to me. "My name. you were saying my name in your sleep. Why?"

"Well... umm..." she seemed scared. Oh gee, maybe it's because her brother is creeping in her capsule.

"What were you dreaming about?" I said urging to make her forget.

"I... umm... I was trying to find you."

"What?"

"You went upstairs in my dream, and I went up there to try and find you." I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore.

"Okay." I said simply. Hopefully she won't ask any questions of what I was doing. I began to get out of her capsule and speed walk back to mine.

"Chase, wait." I began to shake at the sound of her voice.

"What were you doing in my capsule?" I paused before answering.

"Well... umm I was just making sure you were ok."

"So that was it?"

"Yeah." I said quickly walking back to my capsule. I exhaled quietly before closing the door.

My eyes closed only to hear her leave. I paused with my eyes wide open realizing what I'd just done. I stumbled out of my capsule, and paced around the lab hyperventilating. I shook uncontrollably, and ran my hands through my hair in perplexity. Suddenly Adam got out of his capsule, and flipped on the lights following me. He witnessed the whole exchange, just what I was afraid of. His eyes were like saucers as he grabbed my shoulder, and spun me around to face him. His face was as pale as mine. We both knew that everything was going to change from this moment on. All I wanted to do was reverse time, and change everything.

"Dude... What did you just do?"

"I... I kissed Bree."

A/N: Hey people! Trying to branch out, and do more Brase fanfiction. I ship them so hard! If you haven't done so already check out my other fanfiction called "The Mission We Can't Return From". Co-written with smilie254 :D It's pretty chill! ;P I hope that everyone who got out of school or is going to soon has a great summer! Finally made it to the end of the year! :D