Prologue

Prologue:

Never, not even ONCE, in my life had I ever even considered possibly having the tiniest feelings for Dean Jamison. From the day I started school until my junior year in high-school I had hated his guts. He was pushy and rude and cared about no one but himself. As far as I was concerned he was an embarrassment to the entire human population!

Now this was before I realized just how big of a goody good I was.

I never snuck out.

I'd only had 2 boyfriends in my entire life.

I spent more time on my homework then I did my appearance.

My list of friends was small enough to fit on a post it note.

Now, Dean Jamison, he was your typical highschool jock. He was worshipped by girls and every guy wanted to be him.

I never understood why. The guy was a total prick.

Now I know what you're thinking:

Oh great another cliche love story where the shy quiet girl falls for the jock and they live happily ever after.

Let me tell you right now, that is not the case.

See, my plan is quite simple.

Play the player.

That's it. Nothing more, just a test of who can stand the game longer.

Now, this isn't really my style. But when you're being blackmailed with someone you love, and you're the only one who can save them, sometimes you have to throw your "style" out the window.

would make Dean fall in love with me.

I would crush him in front of everyone we knew.

And I would do all of this, because He said so. Who is He? Believe me, you don't want to know.

True, I may have a little more motivation than Dean that only I know about, but all is fair in love and war right? Well, maybe not love, but definitely war.

And for the record: I don't lose.