1

Another day in the city had passed by and the sun was slowly sinking behind the buildings, leaving the sky a mix of purple and orange. People were scampering through the city streets like a colony of ants to either get home or go to work. Everything looked pretty normal however, unknown to the people of the city, there was a strange 7 foot tall 9-tailed fox Yo-Kai floating around the more rural part of the city, near the park in search for someone. His name was Kyubi, a charming type of Yo-Kai, whose soul purpose was to collect 100 human hearts to be ascended to the highest rank possible by making a human fall in love with him. Thus far he had collected 99 and was looking for 100. His original plan was to capture the heart of a young girl by the name of Katie as number 100 three years ago but it didn't work out good for him in the end. Kyubi knew that to capture a certain girl's heart he would have to change the age of his human form to appeal to them. He didn't mind all that much; the first 99 were easy targets to get at but his attempts to win Katie's heart over hadn't gone all that well because she was so oblivious.

"At this rate it will take me at least 50 more years to get lucky 100 to fall for me." Kyubi sighed to himself, floating through the park No one could see him, at least not in his normal form, because he was a Yo-Kai so he didn't have to worry about being sneaky in this area; unless someone had a Yo-Kai Watch on them that is. His deep green and yellow eyes scanned over the people in the park for many minutes before landing on a young girl sitting on a swing, her legs swishing forwards and backwards. She looked about 13 or 14 years old with h/l h/c locks and beautiful e/c eyes. Her name was y/n l/n, though Kyubi did not know that at the time, and she was sitting in the park to relax a bit before going home with the bags of food she had bought.

"Hehe, looks like I've found lucky 100. ~" he chuckled before flying behind a tree to turn into one of his human forms (A/N: this human form is exactly the same as the one in the anime but with a slightly more mature appearance that's all). Kyubi then slowly walked towards her, with his hands behind his back, smirking slightly to himself.

Your POV:

I looked up at the sky, it was starting to get dark and the clouds were a deep grey, I sighed and decided to get the bags of food and leave before it began to rain. I was a moron and hadn't brought a hoodie, coat or a jacket so I knew that I'd have to be fast at getting home. Just after I had picked up the three bags of food I stood up again and in front of me was a boy, maybe a year older than me, standing in beside me. He was strange dirty blonde hair, pale skin and deep green eyes with yellow pupils and long eyelashes. He wore a long school shirt, a bluey-purple v-neck vest like jumper, black shorts, long white socks with yellow rims and black school shoes. He basically looked like a catholic school boy.

"Um... can I help you?" I asked, completely confused. He looked down at me and his grin widened. It wasn't evil or sadistic but I couldn't put my finger on what emotion it had in it.

"I was just wondering why a lady like yourself is out here on your own." He grinned. Oh great, a flirt bag, but he did seem friendly I suppose.

"I was getting food for my family..." I said and pointed to the food bags, "And I was about to go home." I added.

His grin widened even more at my response, like he was amused by it or something.

"If you're gonna stand there like, I dunno a lemon, can I at least know your name?" I asked, giggling slightly.

"Hehe, sure, anything for you. I'm called Kyubi." he smiled, most of the flirtatious tone in his voice gone. His name sounded very unique, I knew no one with that name, and I knew that it wasn't a pun about a quarter-back in a football game.

"Cool name. I'm y/n, y/n l/n." I said, I shouldn't be a douche and not let him know my name, "Well should get going home before it starts raining, it's been nice meeting you Kyubi." I added, starting to walk away.

"Wait, may I accompany you home?" Kyubi asked, running towards me.

"Uh, sure I wouldn't mind company, I do get quite lonely." I smiled. With that said and done Kyubi and I began walking out of the park and back to my place.