Chapter One: On The Run

crash... bang.. I hear the sound of dishes being thrown against the floor and the horrifying screaming that's happening between my parents downstairs,

they've been like this for awhile, and I'm not meaning just today.. for a few months now the two have been at it, of course it all comes down to dad choosing his business over mom..

he was rarely home, I didn't expect him to fit the father figure nor did I want him to. he doesn't give a flying fuck about this family! I've seen the way he treats mom, it disgusts me! You can tell that he's been cheating on her for awhile now, but my dad doesn't have the balls to admit it out loud and as for my mom, well she's to in love to even notice.. which I don't understand because he treats her like shit and it pisses me off.

I've considered running away, starting a new life, but when it comes  down to everything I just can't. money, I don't have it and I wouldn't have the time to make it because I'm in school, a place to stay again no money, and lastly I just can't leave my mom. I'm all she really has left, well through my eyes at least, and I can't leave her with this asshole who is supposed to be my dad.

the fight will be no different from the others. we always end up staying. I wish one time it would be different, that me and my mom can leave this prick and start new. meet new people, enjoy life for once..

like it would make a difference, I'm a social outcast ever since the terrible tragedy that had happened to my family a few years ago. Since then, I was left alone, no one glanced, nor even tried talking to me, like I had some virus or something... I didn't really mind though. I liked being quiet and keeping to myself.

the yelling had quieted down, not so sure when because I was lost in my thoughts but it had..

I heard a door slam and slowly stood and looked out my window from the top floor, as I expected I saw my dad pulling out of the driveway, driving as far away as possible from us. probably to that whore he's been sneaking around with.

there was a silent knock at my door, I walked cautiously to unlock it

it was weird, to my surprise I saw my mom standing in front of me, face to face with her, neither of my parents talk to me after they fight so overall this was new and unexpected...

"gather your things that you'd like to keep," she said in a rush, confusing me a little

"umm okay? do you mind telling me what's going on?" I ask politely as possible, still confused as to why she's in such a rush and even talking to me?

"no time for that sweetie, now gather your things and meet me by the front entrance, hurry up before he returns!" she said rushing out of my room to gather her things,

before I could ask anything else she was gone just like that. what was happening? why must I pack? FUCK. I hate not knowing things, it makes me so irritated.

I mean were finally getting away I guess, so I can't be that mad right?

I did as I was told, I pulled out my suit case and started stuffing it with loads of clothes, not knowing where we were headed or for how long, I gathered all my necessities, photos of me and my brother, and few other things..

all packed up I made my way downstairs, I swung the door open to see my mom already waiting in our jeep for me. I make my way over, loaded my things and jumped in.. we pulled out of the driveway, making our way through town.. I didn't know where we were going and curiosity filled inside me..

"umm care to explain everything now?!" I snap at my mom, instantly feeling guilty of using such a harsh tone

"sweetie, I think you and I both know why were leaving," she said with a long sigh