Chapter 1: The Night It Began

It was a dark night when it all began. The stars were shining brightly as ever, the moon was full an bright, the sky clear and the air was cool and crisp. I was walking and nothing to seemed to be off, it was just a regular night. That was until I got to a certain point in my walk. There was a stranger in my neighborhood, which is quite normal, but this one just seemed off. Then when I was walking by they had approached me.

"Excuse me, young man, can you help me out?" they asked

"What is it?" I questioned

"Nothing that you need to worry about" they stated

"I...guess I can help out" I replied hesitantly

They handed me a bag. It was quite heavy and well protected.I didn't even bother to ask what was in the bag. I was busy being occupied with the bag to realize that they had left. I didn't get to ask what they wanted me to do with the bag, so I just assumed that they wanted me to hide the bag. There was an abandoned warehouse about ten streets down. I struggled to pick up the bag just to take it there. I am going to hide it and hopefully where nobody will find it.

* * *

I went home and proceed to go to my bedroom where my boyfriend should be sound asleep. I am really lucky to have. He is means everything to me and I really hope that he feels the same way that I feel about him. It would be heartbreaking if he didn't feel that way about him. My feelings only grow for him each day that I am with him.I slipped into more comfortable clothes and got into bed and put one of my arms around his waist and held him close to me. With his warmth surrounding me, I fell fast asleep.

When I woke up I remembered that I have an appointment with my therapist today. Which is for a good reason. I may act normally on the outside but I am not on the inside I have anxiety and PTSD from the time that I had served in the military, I was apart of the Navy. I got dressed and ready for my appointment. I hope that the questions are different this time, they haven't been lately

* * *

It was the same as always, same questions, same answers. Maybe I need to try someone or something different. It may work it may not work because what works for one person may not work for another person. Nobody really knows what happens until they try it themselves. The only real way to see if something else works is through trial and error.

* * *

When I got home, the cars were slower on the usually quick and busy street. Then the next thing I saw was a cop car with sirens blaring loudly going down the street. Which was strange because that never really happens on this street. I didn't hit me until later that the cop car was heading in the direction of the warehouse, which is just a coincidence right? I'm just going to check it out to be safe. Is it better to be safe than sorry right?

I quickly put my things away and started a casual stroll there. I don't want to seem too suspicious. When I finally got there, there were cops everywhere. Especially cops that normally don't come here. Those cops were NCIS, which from what I heard, investigate Navy deaths. Which would kinda explain all of the news broadcasters that are here.

* * *

The next day I got a call.

"Hello?" I asked

"Is this Damien?" the voice questioned

"Yes, it is how may I help you?" I answered

"Can you come into answer some questions about your cousin, Jon?" they asked

"Uh..sure, may I ask where at though?" I questioned

"NCIS" they finished and hanged up

D-did I hide my cousin? No, it can't be that maybe they want to hear about him. Him and I were extremely close. I was visibly shaken to the point where my boyfriend, Jack, had to ask whats wrong.

"Damien, are you okay?" he asked calmly

"Yeah...I just need to go somewhere" I just said

"Okay, but remember that you can tell me anything," he said

"Okay" I responded

I get ready to go to the NCIS headquarters, to answer the questions that they need me to. Is it possible that I could have hidden in my cousin's body? I highly doubt that is true but, yet it still has me slightly shaken. If he is dead that pretty much makes me the last one alive in my family. I should not have been so fucking stupid when saying that I would help. Damn it why wasn't I so rational, this time around. Ugh, I really hope that these questions go well.