Chapter 1

Growing up in Chicago is tough. Depending on what part you live in. Of course I live in the part known as Riverdale. The straight hood!!
                                    •////////•

(iPhone ringtone)
I wake up to my phone continuously ringing. Looking at my phone the time is 2:56am. I finally answer ...
" Yo wake the fuck up!!" My best friend Kayla shouted.

"Whattt what the hell you want Kayla!?!?" I say yelling.

"It's Reggie fool!! They smoked him bitch!!!!" She choked with tears in her voice.

I dropped my phone and was in complete shock. Lemme give y'all the info on who I'm talking about. Reggie is my little brother. He was the only person I cared about that was blood related. He was only a sophomore in high school. After this... I know my whole life is about to change.

I pick my phone back up to see that Kayla was still on the line.

"Where they find him at?" I ask out of breath. 

"That party off of East 134th street." She said still choked up.

That's 2 blocks away from my building. With that being said I jumped up out of bed and ran out the door. I only had on a tank top and basketball shorts. It was 32 degrees outside and snowing, but my body felt like it was on fire. After running for 10 minuets straight like a track star, I finally start seeing flashing red and blue lights. I run straight through the crowd of people and police to see my only little brother on the ground faced down in his own blood.

"Ma'am this is a crime scene," one of the officers says as he yanks me back.

"IM HIS SISTER!!! LET ME GO YOU FUCKING PIG!!" I yell and cry out as I'm kicking and swinging at him.

As they drag me away from his lifeless body all I can think about is me being in a nightmare and wanting to wake up. If anything I should've been the one they clipped. I'm always fighting someone, I even hit a couple licks a few times. Now Reggie... he was a good kid who cared about his education and life.  He always used to tell me that one day we gonna make it out the hood and be rich. He wanted to be in the NBA or an engineer. That was my DAWG y'all.

I woke up in the arms of my best friend. I look around and we are in a police station. I jump up looking for Reggie... still thinking it was just a nightmare. My heart was just into 1000 pieces because the nightmare was coming true again. 

My mom walked in acting like she's a concerned fucking parent. BTW my so called "mom" ain't shit. She ain't gon never be shit. She just the hoe of Chicago streets that barely make a dime. She fucks a new nigga every 5 damn seconds. I know I sound harsh, but she has ruined my life. Let's start off on how she almost sold Reggie for some crack when he was only 3 years old . She even let one of her plugs rape and abuse me when I was 12 for some fucking crack!! All I wanna do is choke the hell outta her.

"Come on get up and let's go home," my mom says while walking over to me.

You could tell she had just came off one of her highs because she was nervously scratching and shit.

"Get away from me... I'm not going back to that shit hole." I said with disgust in my voice.

"Yes the hell you are KeKe. You not gon' ruin my section 8," she whispered.

I jumped up so quick and got so close to her face.

"You mean to tell me that's all you fucking care about you bum ass bitch!!!?? My only sibling just got gunned down this morning.. and you mean to tell me all you care about is section 8??" I spat out.

She looked at me clueless on what to say.  I shoved past her and walked out the door. I called one of my homies named Dre. He's a heartless felon. Heartless Felons is a gang known for killin niggas. Dre caught him a few bodies before. He treats me like a sister tho. When I told him what was going on he dropped everything and came to get me. I had told him to meet me at a nearby corner store. He was already there by the time I walked up.

"Wassup ma," he said while getting out the car and bringing me into his arms.

I held and cried onto him for about 5 minuets. Once I got myself together he put me in his Chrysler 300 srt8. It was dark grey with super tinted windows. Dre has MONEY okay!!

"Where you wanna go," he said while entering the car.

"To the niggas who did this to Reggie........"