Summer's Song[Characters and Chapter One]

Nikki: That's me! Just your average 13 year old girl, discovering the life of a teenager. Well, I can't say I'm average. I'm pretty fucking crazy. I don't feel 13, more like 16 and my attitude shows it. I live in the small town of Pampa, Texas. I'm very innocent. First kiss? Well, we'll see. Virgin? Yes! Drugs? Nope, that's not me. I'm very big in the music scene. It's my life. I'm the little sister of one of the most popular people in town, Scottie. I'm pretty much the female version of him. My two other brothers are probably somewhere getting high. That's not my problem. I can honestly say, I hate my mom. My dad pisses me off, but he feeds me. I very rarely talk to guys because of my sheltered life, but I'm breaking out of that. My boyfriend, Ryan, he's amazing. No one wants us together though, they all swear he's gonna cheat on me. Pshhht, whatever. We'll be a month June 2nd! My friends are amazing, I love them so much!

Scottie: That's my older brother. He's 18 years old, and the bassist of a local band called Redeeming The Fallen and another band called A Massacre For The Remaining. His girlfriend is Tracie, a 15 year old and one of my good friends. He lives in Amarillo, Texas with his friend Austin who is the vocalist for A Massacre For The Remaining. Scottie is a ninja. I call him Starshine just because I can. He can always make me laugh in the simplest ways. His best friend is Jeffrey.

Jaiden: She's 13. This is my bestest friend in the whole world. I tell her everything, even when I'm not supposed to tell a soul. She's the little sister of Scottie's best friend. She's very stern, but I love her.

Ryan: 16 years old and we're still walking. That's my boyfriend. He's a big sex-crazed pothead, but he's cool. He's the drummer for A Massacre For The Remaining. You'll never guess where I met him. Church. Yeah, pretty fucking crazy, right?

Dakota: 15, I don't have much to say on this kid. We get along sometimes and other times we can't stand eachother. He's the guitarist for Redeeming The Fallen. I don't really know much about him.

Jeffrey: He's 17. Scottie's best friend, my best friends brother. Yep. He's the drummer for Redeeming The Fallen.

Lino: He's 15, I think. I don't know this kid. He's the rhythm gutarist for Redeeming The Fallen and Dakota's best friend. That's all I could tell you about him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's the last five minutes of the last day of school, and I'm roaming the halls with my math nerd friends, Rebecca and Kenzie. I can't wait until the bell rings. I am so ready to get out of here and see Ryan. If I can today.

"Maybe we should go back outside with the rest of the class." I suggested.

"Probably, Mrs. Brown is giving us the eye." Kenzie replied. Mrs. Brown is the counselor. She thinks I'm a slut because someone told her I was pregnant. Stupid drama starters.

We went outside and walked around, staying close to the doors. Then, we heard the bells go off and unnessicary screaming. I saw my pals Jaiden and Jasmyne come out and we started walking to Wal-Mart, considering that's the most entertaining place in this town.

"Fuck yes!" Jaiden yelled.

"Let's get drunk!" Jasmyne joked.

"Hell yeah, let's go shoot up some heroin while we're at it!" I joined in.

We joked around some more and said the stupidest shit. Hell, I don't remember every conversation I have with people, escpecially if it's pointless. We got to Wal-Mart and walked around for a while before asking Jaiden's mom for some money. Her mom works in the frozen foods department. Then, we proceded to walk over to the truck stop down the street and got some drinks. I, of course got the amazing Full Throttle, as always. We went back to Wal-Mart and gave the change back to Jaiden's mom, who we couldn't find. Which, ended up in Jaiden yelling at the milk.