Chapter 1

Hope you enjoy!

~Christina~

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

What if you could escape death when it came knocking at your door?

Of course you'd want to, but could you?

Here are the rules;

First: You have to choose someone to take your place.

Second: You have to live with you choice for all of eternity.

Third: You can't warn them about thier impending doom.

Fourth: It has to be someone you love.......

Could you make that sacrifice? Could you live forever knowing that thier death was on your hands?

Or would you die for them?

Three knocks.... three knocks and my life changed forever.

It was late Sunday evening on June 4, 1989. My mum had not come home yet, but she always took her time. She had a limp right leg that had a wound that got infected from time to time. I was running from her and my home. I could have told her I was leaving, but I didn't want to break her heart. I knew she needed me, but I wanted something more. I wanted money, love, and adventure.

I was eighteen at the time and had gotten a rich man to fall in love with me with my "charm." He told me he was going to leave his wife and marry me. I was all too innocent and gulible. I was not familiar with the ways of the world. Not to mention my selfishness that consumed me.

It dosen't matter though, I was to blame. Nora Nicole Michelle, my mum, died because of my innocent ways. I had packed my finest dresses in our worn-out cowhide suitecase. The sweat poured down my back and face as I worked friviously to take all my necesities and memoirs.

She worked in the factory, sewing clothes we were too poor to afford. She was always trying to work all our debts off, but it seemed we would stay in poverty. I blamed our misfourtune on her, and each time I would see dresses displayed in the front of stores my anger would grow. I knew I would never get nice things because I was trapped and shut in by my mother.

I can't remember, but I'm sure she was a good women.

I was thinking about Zacheria and our future together when I heard the knocks....

______________________________________________________________________

What do you think? Good?

Q. Would you kill someone you loved if you wanted to keep living?

Answers below!