A Moment's Chance (midlink) ~spoilers for TP~

Link stares at the bright, spinning symbol-clad portal to the Twilight. Midna, his partner, had just gone through back to her palace and her kingdom. He already missed her. He knew she wasn't coming back when she sent her tear toward the mirror and it shattered. After Midna and Zelda's speech about light and dark, he didn't know what to believe anymore. Would Midna come back, or is she gone forever? Link would have to find out. He turned to Zelda and opened his mouth for the first time in a while.

"Zelda, I'm going after her. I can't just let her leave."

And with that, before the platforms and portal disappeared, Link dove into the portal, leaving Zelda behind, yelling,

"I'LL BE BACK! "

He landed stomach first on the rough, hard stone that made up the palace yard. As he hoisted himself up, he heard a faint giggle echo from across the yard. He would have known that laugh anywhere. Midna was close. He ran to the front palace doors and hit them as hard as he could, sending a shockwave of sound through the wall.

"MIDNA! MIDNA IT'S ME, LINK! I CAME AFTER YOU! "

For a while there was no answer. Link started to give up hope. He had stopped yelling and banging. He was starting to walk away, when he heard a slight sound. He whipped his head around to look at the door. It was cracked, but creaked more and more ajar with each second. He looked at the person standing on the threshold. He looked her up and down, making sure he was recieving correct information in his mind.

It was...

It was Midna.