Chapter 1- The Rogue

SONG: The way I was by Jem and the holograms

_____________

...Dalia...

His canines punctured my skin. Fuck, I need to get out of here.

My mind races, panic-filled and frightened as my legs kicked into his side, causing his chompers to take a massive chunk out of my arm.

What the fuck is this crazy thinking? RUN DALIA, RUN.

The wolf throws his head back and roars an earth-shattering, ear-splitting and monstrous roar to the sky. Without attempting to watch the view any further, I high tailed it out of there as fast as my legs could go.

"You are MINE." The deep husky tone of my attacker sent knee-weakening shudders throughout my body, causing me to stumble on the twigs and leaves underfoot.

"You are crazy and need help!" I screamed back through deep breaths that burned my lungs.

Faster, I need to get away. Run faster for Christ sake. I turned to see where he was but to my surprise, there was no one there. Laughing inwardly to myself, I relished in this tiny victory, when suddenly... BANG!

My body slammed into something solid and unmovable; sending me flying backwards, and I collided with a tree.

"Ow," I moaned, desperately seeking strength and hope to fight against being left vulnerable.

"Why would you run from me? I was made for you?" His voice caused my body to quiver, only this time, it reached down deep, in-between my legs, clenching my core.

"Get, away, from, me!" I coughed up some blood and spit it on the ground at his feet.

"No, you're now injured. Why would you do that?" Dread appeared to seep from this now transformed stranger, for some unknown reason.

"Why do you care? You're trying to kill me." I held my head for stability, trying to curb the nausea.

The wolf laughed so loud, it vibrated through both eardrums, again rendering me both weak and aroused. "Kill you, why would I kill my mate?"

___________

My alarm bleared through the silence of my apartment, I Get Around by The Beach Boys instantly caused me to smile.

For as long as I could remember, 'The Beach Boys' had been my dad's favourite band, I knew every lyric, every change and could twist, mash potato and jive like the best of them.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, all I could think about was bacon and eggs and how hungry I am. Deciding there was no time like the present to get ready for another week at Hammericks Hardware, I launched myself out of bed, swaying my hips to the tune.

I liked working at Hammericks, but with so many qualifications behind me, I did wonder why I hadn't bothered to move jobs this time, instead, opting for minimal wages and horrid customers. Guess something within me wasn't quite ready to let go just yet.

Walking in the front doors, I headed directly to my locker. "Ah, good morning, Dalia," my boss called out as he passed by.

"Morning, Jack," I replied, watching him enter his office. He was an excellent boss, probably one of the friendliest I'd had in a long time.

This job, I was given the incredible position of paint counter attendee. I threw on my apron and began to serve the collection patient awaiting people as Sam knocked my hip with his, "morning Lia."

"Morning, Sam. I can't wait to hear about your sexy adventures this weekend," I snickered at him with a wink. He was one of the few in my life I'd genuinely connected with, I would miss him and his wild renditions when I moved on.