Worth Waiting

A 5-minuted Read.

-------

©OverEchos

We've been friends since the day we opened our eyes. So simply, we're childhoodfriends.

I'm always there, tailing him. I'm his shadow and he's my light. He never got iritated by that act tho.

But one fvcking day, there's these fvcking girl who lives in the other fvcking street. She took him away from me. And there I was, left alone. She his attention now, i'm left with nothing, i'm just here watching from afar, watching them play, and laugh together.

Years have passed, I'm on highschool now. Ofcourse he is too, and that fvcking girl, whose now he's fvcking girlfriend. If I know, they're just having sex in that girl's house like there's no tomorrow. I hope he doesn't love her.

"Hey Kelly!" someone greeted me, i'm now standing here infront of my locker so I really don't know who the hell is that. So I didn't bother to look at him, and continue what I am doing.

"Hey Princess!" and there I froze. It's been a long time since he called me that. I quickly locked my locker to see him. And there he was, standing like a prince, waiting for his princess. He's just----so freaking handsome.

"Hey??" It's awkward you know, we're not that close like we were before eversince that day. So it's----it's really pretty awkward.

"Do you have any date in the upcoming prom?" What?? OMG! Is he? Is he?!! I blink my eyes for a couple of times, I wanna pinch myself to check if this is a dream. But I won't do that, that's freaking embarrassing.

"No. No. No." I excitedly anwered. Gosh! I'm not expecting this to happen. But how about Francine? Did they broke broke up already? Anyway, I don't really care. It's a goodnews actually.

"Will you be----" I didn't gave him a chance to finish what he's about.to say. I quickly answered.

"Yes! Yes of course! I will." I wanna jump, and shout. I'm so freaking happy! I wanna tell the world that my long time love asked me to be his date. I wanna brag this scene.

"Well then that's good. Greg will be your partner. You know him right? He's been bugging me for days, just to ask you if you have any date. He likes you a lot you know." What the fvck?! Damn it. My knees were suddenly got soft? My energy suddenly lost. I feel, down. And Greg?! Yah. I freaking know that bastard. The moment, he who-must-not-be-named left me for that fake bitch, Greg pop out of nowhere. He's always there.. Doing crazy shits, fooling around me, he loves pissing me off. Ofcourse I know him. Also a childhood friend. Who just teased me eversince that day.

"Okay then. Anything else to say? I'm actually busy, so I have to go. Got some important stuffs to do." I lied. I'm just disappointed so I want him out of my sight as soon as possible.

"Oh. Okay, bye then. See yah around." And I left. I didn't even looked back, or say goodbye, or wave my hand. I want to be alone for now, coz' i'm in the verge of crying. I'm really---disappointed. But at some part of my mind, i'm hoping he'll say that i'm not really okay, and tell me that i'm lying, I want him to tell me those things. But I guess that won't happen? Never in my life that would happen.

So here I am. Under a tree, at the back of the school. The perfect place to cry. I will never expect too much. It freaking hurts. Another lesson learned. *sigh*

Why does he like her? I can't get that out my mind for years. Okay, Francine is pretty, a lot prettier than me, she's also sexy, a perfect girl to be a model. I know that ofcourse. But other than that? She got nothing. Just like a freaking Barbie. Barbie has no brains. Her stupidity is being covered by her pretty face and body. I'm not even sure if her face is natural, I think she'd undergone some plastic surgery? It's pretty obvious, but my schoolmates can't see that. And HE, who must-not-be-named can't see that also. So overall, Francine is a fake. That bitch. She's not kind, she acts kind. Ugh! I don't wanna talk about her, I think i'm going to puke whenever her face is popping out of my head.