Prologue

Rein stood under the big apple tree, it's leaves looking gold in the fading sunlight and it's shadow flat against the earth stretching across the green of the meadow.

The palm of Rein's hand lay flat on the body of the tree feeling the life, it's essence flowing into the earth giving new life and strength to the earth. The fading sun cast a warm glow over the tree, causing the shadow of the tree to stretch and grow bigger until it over shadowed almost all of the meadow.

Rein outstretched her hand up into the golden leaves of the big apple tree her fingertips grazing against the skin of the red ripe apple and plucked it from it's root. Rein lowered her hand down to her face giving her a better view of the ripe red fresh fruit, Rein raised the fruit to her lips just grazing her lips against the red smooth skin of the apple.

There was a snap of a twig to her right, Rein swung her head in the direction of the sound and saw a man tall and strong, with long black hair tied back and the greyest of blue eyes so deep it had her to paralysed to look away. He was dressed in cloth and fur with a deadly looking sword strapped to his right hip and a mighty fierce axe at his left side.