Abandoned

Kari knew of this, he expected this for a long time. Despite predicting and knowing that this particular event would soon happen, that didn't stop him from feeling emotional of it. The sandile's eyes squinted in sorrow as he watches his parents leave him, alone, to survive.

"M-m-mom.. D-dad?" Kari stuttered, slowly trailing behind his parents as they ignore him, leaving sandy footprints behind. "Please don't leave me," the sandile said, tears streaming a little from his beady little eyes. He knew this would happen, yet even though he predicted that this event would happen, why wouldn't he just accept it? Kari knew that his parents would leave him, from their body language to them being more secretive than usual, and the constant insults thrown to them for not raising a normal pokemon.

'I knew of this... so why couldn't I just stop crying and asking for them to come back..? Why couldn't I accept this?!' Kari thought to himself with a pained sigh.

"Mom, dad! Please don't leave me!" Kari called, then finally, his parents looked at him, with spite in they're eyes. Kari's father, a ferligatr and his mother, a krookodile just stared with hate. "You are not our child, you are a disgrace to nature and pokemon alike! A child of ours is normal and capable of fighting!" The ferligatr snapped at the sandile. "And besides-" Kari's mother added, "-you can take care of yourself because you are 'smart'."

Kari's eyes widened and that sentence hit him hard. Yes, it is true, he is such an intelligent pokemon for someone his age, or rather than other non-psychic pokemon. In fact, he might be even smarter than a psychic Pokémon.

"But that doesn't mean you can leave me..." Kari replied softly, as he continued to follow even though he knows he'd just be rejected.

"Don't follow us you runt!" Kari's former father snapped at him. "Please, just take me back, I'll try to be a normal pokemon!" Kari said, continuing to follow his parents.

The ferligatr then signed in annoyance and approached Kari.

He wouldn't take me back, wouldn't he? Kari thought and just after that thought, he felt a hard blow in his torso, because of that he got sent flying and then he plopped unto the sandy ground with a loud thud and then sand filled the air as he hit the ground.

"Stop it, Perith, you're just hurting him," The krookodile said, still caring for her child.

"WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THAT RUNT?!" The ferligatr, Perith, yelled at his wife. "HE IS MY SON, OUR SON," The krookodile said with a growl to the ferligatr. Perith, with annoyance and anger, took Kari from the ground and threw him in front of his wife and stepped at the child. The poor sandile whimpered in pain, he can't last long in fights nor physical hits. Kari is too used to thinking, not fighting.

"Stop hurting him, please," the krookodile pleaded. The ferligatr then growled and removed his large foot from Kari's head.

"Just go.." His mother said, while looking at him with a pained look as the ferligatr then grabbed the krookodile's arm and rigged her away from her son. Kari watched as his parents strayed farther from his view every second.

"Why do I have to be so different?" Kari muttered to himself as he then walked somewhere. His body feeling tired and his head feeling sore. "I'm gonna die out here, but since I'm still in a somewhat stable condition, I'll probably live..." Kari muttered to himself as he continued to walk slowly, bits of tears escaping from his eyes from time to time.

"Just why do I have to be more than average?" Kari said, before he fainted unto the ground. A figure then saw the sandile in the ground and felt pity. The figure took something from his bag, a pokeball, and tapped the sandile's forehead with the capsule, sucking Kari in and the pokeball clicked. The figure, a human, then walked somewhere to go the nearest town.