Chapter 1 "A Fear Like No Other"

Fear. A fear like no other that I had ever felt before now stared me down like a predator right before the kill. The air around me felt cold and stale, bringing back memories of my past. The only thing I could seem to register was the cold metal that burrowed its way into my skin. For what seemed like forever, I had been hanging upside down and the sense was accompanied with a deep and strong pressure in my head that brought an intense heat with it.

"Are you sure its time?" inquired a strange voice. "I mean, the solstice just happened. Maybe we should wait?"

"Shut your mouth and do your job!" another demanded. their words quickly followed by a sharp slap.

"I think he's listening" the first voice stated, barely audible.

A pressure bared down on the chains around my ankles, something brushing past my head, a soft clicking sound followed. Almost instantly I fell to the cold floor, dropping from where I had been hung. The thud was followed by a sickening crunch that echoed through the room. I let out a blood curdling scream, the excruciating pain bringing a torrent of tears into my eyes, soaking the cloth that covered them. As my body was jerked from the cold surface it rested on, a sharp pain radiated from my shoulder down my arm as hands gripped my arms. A dull pain quickly grew into something far worse as the skin began to tear away from my feet as I was dragged across the floor.  

"Pretty heavy for a twig.." the quieter voice stated.

After what seemed like forever, my body once more came to a complete stop. The sound of a latch unhooking rang out like a bell. In the distance, more voices, chanting unknown words echoed through the air. I was once again in motion, a third set of footsteps now audible. They sounded light and quick as they came from behind me.

"Oh, what a glorious day!" rang out a new voice. "High priestess will surely be pleased!".

The new voice sounded excited for my fate that lay ahead. The chanting grew louder and louder, until it became a thundering roar that filled my ears. My body rose and was placed upon a cold, hard surface. As the sound grew louder my head beginning to pound as I felt something wrapping around my ankles.

"P-please!" i managed to squeak out, tears streaming down my face. "J-j-just let...me g-go..".

My blood curdling screams, quickly returning as my arms were twisted back and restrained, earning an intense and immediate blow to my lower jaw.

"Silas! We do not want to kill the poor boy just yet.." a female's voice sounded from behind me. "Uncover his face, i want to see it".

The cloth was ripped from my face, the instant light blinding me like a thousand suns. As my eyes adjusted, i was able to see the horror around me. The room, made completely of stone was filled with several hundred people, all wearing cloaks as black as a raven's wing. My eyes quickly flashed to the figures standing around me, eight of them in total. Their cloaks bearing symbols of the different beings higher classes worshiped. Footsteps grew closer, a tall figure stood above me.

"My my..you are a handsome one" the woman's voice said from above now. "Its a real travesty the way these two treated you". The woman extended her hand towards two men on my right, their cloaks reeking of fresh blood. Her head lowered down to my ear as she whispered into it. "Say goodbye..". 

The two men stared at the woman as large figures, dressed as the beings of chaos and death, drove spears through the two men, lifting them into the air. 

"You bitch.." said the man she referred to as Silas before he spat blood and crumpled to the floor.

The blood landed right below my eye causing me to flinch. The woman lowered her hand, wiping the blood up with her middle finger. She brought the finger to her lips as she licked the blood off slowly.