The Beanstalks

"Alright, Adam. This is your big day!!! Hope you have fun!!!", said Mom, with tears in her eyes, as she pulled back from her hug. And then, I got into the Beanstalk transport pod and shot away, underground. I tapped in my destination. First, I checked my "pea shooter". If there are any humans reading this, you are about to enter the world of plants who live in a closed city, Floratown, in Denmark. Yes, plants can run, pick up things and are even more developed than humans. But enough of the chatter. I was on my way to the Floratown Police HQ(FPHQ), for the first time. "Peashooters" are actually tiny, cannon shaped guns that shoot acidic fluids and every plant has one. My pod reached its destination and I walked to the registration booth. "What's your name, son?" the old eggplant at the desk asked. "Adam Beanstalk." . The old fellow typed in my name and searched. "Ah yes, you're due today, aren't you?" "Yes, I am." "Right, here's your badge and good luck, Captain." I felt a surge of pride as he said "Captain". Next, on to reporting, being given a tour, and so on. Wow! that was boring... Still, at least they injected the Serum, Rank 3, which would boost the power of my peashooter! Yay!