Pulse

There was once a tale of a man who changed the world. They say it's a legend. 

James jotted down a couple of words before closing his book. He raised himself off the seat, turning around and dragging his AGR13 behind. He suddenly pulled the gun up, pulling the bolt hammer back and making sure the gun was loaded. He closed it and ran out onto the wooden deck. James sat down tying his boots. "Hey, ye' goin' out there alone?" His oldest brother, Billy, asked. "Yes.." James replied. Billy watched as James walk off the deck and into the sand. A large metal groaning was heard throughout the wasteland, and Billy was alerted. "They're having rations today?" Billy asked. "Yep, but it's going to be dangerous getting there. I'll pick you up one." James replied. Walking inbetween the 'Fire Weeds', their defense from animals, simple weeds that will mess you up if you touch them, he stepped out into the wasteland. "Ye' fergot your hat!" Billy suddenly said. James turned around, a leather cap coming towards him. James snatched it out of the air and put it on. James turned back around on his heel, jogging in the opposite direction.

James pressed himself on a wet, grimy cobble wall. He slowly pulled his gun and put it in the sand, piling some on it to hide it. He pushed himself back up, walking around the corner into a small metal room with a small slot on the other side. He heard a deep harsh voice on the other side. "Come over here and get your rations." James walked towards the voice, stepping infront of the hole. A small beep was heard, along with a 'click', and a green plastic package rolled out of the slot.  He grasped it firmly in both hands. "I need another one for my brother, Billy." James said. "You have no proof that you need another ration, move along!" James frantically moved along as he said, seeing that a line formed behind him. He ran out of the building, ridding his gun of sand and pulling it out. He hid it behind him while he ran through the alleyways of the poorly built city, and then came to a gate. He lowered down, climbing under a small hole, dug in the sand. Pulling himself out onto the other side, he continued into the wasteland, making sure no one noticed. 

Coming home, James was guilty of not getting his brother a ration. Billy walked outside, and James met him with a glance. James walked up to him slowly and handed Billy his own ration. "Thank'ya, brother." Billy said as he walked back inside their small wooden house. James felt his stomach rumble, eyeing his brothers ration. Suddenly, a loud bang was heard. Billy jumped up from the table while James pulled his gun, once again checking for a bullet. Another noise was heard, a metallic droaning noise. A huge cloud of smoke blasted into the house, along with rubble. James jumped over onto his brother, protecting him. After the smoke cleared, James turned around. There, in the middle of the wooden room, was an Automation Unit.