preface

This got a bit wordy, so please bear with me.

..So, two years ago, Christmas 2016, I joined the Hamilton Amino Secret Santa. I picked somebody whose username (as of January 2018) is ♚ ᴊᴇғғᴇʀsᴏɴ ♚ and they asked for a Harry Potter AU.

...Harry Potter it was. If you've never seen/read Harry Potter and would like a clarification of anything in this post, feel free to ask! Even if it's not Harry Potter-related and just generally AU-related, you can also ask~

There'll be five parts to this, not including this one. The first part is first year for the main characters. The next part skips to fourth year (with a small third year scene). Then it's fifth, then sixth, then seventh.

Trigger Warnings

Profanity, abuse, slurs, cheating (kind of), and character deaths are present. If I forgot to warn for anything, please tell me! I apologise in advance; please stay safe!

Characters

Not all of them'll be featured. Some of them aren't there at all, but I figured the character stuff I made in my notebook wouldn't go to waste if I put it here lol. I am also willing to discuss the possibility of other houses if you'd like to, but these are either my personal choices or what went best with the fic.

Next to the name is a number. This determines their year. Year 0 is what I call Base Year. It refers to the year of the main characters. For example, Eliza has a 0, which means she is in the same year as the main characters. For the other numbers — you add or subtract them from the Base Year. If Burr is a 1, he's one year ahead of the main characters. Likewise, Peggy is a -1, so she's one year behind the main characters. Yes, I am aware that the ages aren't historically accurate. I'm sorry.

Theodosia Bartow[1]: Ravenclaw — pureblood

Aaron Burr[1]: Ravenclaw — half-blood

Martha Dandridge[4]: Gryffindor — muggleborn — I like to think that sometime around the main character's 5th year she and Washington got married. After graduation, she became the Charms professor.

George Eacker[-1]: Slytherin — half-blood

George Frederick III: Ex-Slytherin, currently the Monarch of Magic. That would be your Minister for Magic, except, well, he's a king. He's pureblood.

Alexander Hamilton[0]: Slytherin — muggleborn

Thomas Jefferson[0]: Slytherin — muggleborn

Lafayette[0]: Beauxbatons transfer, Gryffindor — pureblood

John Laurens[0]: Hufflepuff — pureblood

Charles Lee[-1]: Gryffindor — muggleborn

Maria Lewis[0]: Hufflepuff — half-blood

James Madison[0]: Ravenclaw — half-blood

Martha Manning[0]: Hufflepuff — pureblood

Hercules Mulligan[0]: Gryffindor — muggleborn

Dolley Payne[0]: Gryffindor — pureblood

James Reynolds[1]: Slytherin — muggleborn

Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Sanders[-1]: Hufflepuff — half-blood — Her nickname isn't Lizzie, but I refer to her as that so I don't confuse her with Eliza XP

Angelica Schuyler[0]: Ravenclaw — pureblood

Eliza Schuyler[0]: Hufflepuff — pureblood

Peggy Schuyler[-1]: Gryffindor — pureblood

George Washington[4]: Gryffindor — half-blood — He isn't mentioned, but he's prefect in their first year. After graduation, he became the DADA teacher.

Martha Wayles[0]: Ravenclaw — pureblood

Additional Information

Warnings for the chapter, as well as a completely unnecessary author's note, will be put /at the top/ of the post. If you would like anything else to be tagged, please inform me! I would also like to sincerely apologise for not having tagged it earlier.

I also took a lot of liberties with the 'verse, including allowing transfers from other wizarding schools and removing the rule about 'no students in a common room that isn't their own'. I have more, but I can't recall them at the moment.

The title of this work is from the song A Whole New World from Aladdin.

I had the intention to edit it and post it here once edited, but. Well. I don't think I'll ever get around to that. So, here you go. Unedited work. If you find any errors, please tell me and I will be eternally grateful!